FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
» Video Reviews

» Linux Archive

Linux-archive is a website aiming to archive linux email lists and to make them easily accessible for linux users/developers.


» Sponsor

» Partners

» Sponsor

Go Back   Linux Archive > Ubuntu > Ubuntu User

 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
 
Old 12-10-2009, 10:27 PM
Keith Clark
 
Default MSI K9N6PGM2-V and Ubuntu Compatability

Any issues with the following motherboard and Ubuntu that anyone knows
of? I went to their website and I see no support for Linux in their
drivers.

http://www.msi.com/index.php?func=downloaddetail&type=driver&maincat_ no=1&prod_no=1472

Thanks,

Keith



--
ubuntu-users mailing list
ubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-users
 
Old 12-10-2009, 10:34 PM
Steve
 
Default MSI K9N6PGM2-V and Ubuntu Compatability

On Thu, 10 Dec 2009 23:27:22 -0000, Keith Clark
<keithclark@k-wbookworm.com> wrote:

> Any issues with the following motherboard and Ubuntu that anyone knows
> of? I went to their website and I see no support for Linux in their
> drivers.
>
> http://www.msi.com/index.php?func=downloaddetail&type=driver&maincat_ no=1&prod_no=1472
>
> Thanks,
>
> Keith
>
>
>
Search for the board with http://www.google.com/linux
If there’s any serious problems they normally show up in the first couple
of pages.
--
Steve

--
ubuntu-users mailing list
ubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-users
 
Old 12-10-2009, 10:50 PM
"Karl F. Larsen"
 
Default MSI K9N6PGM2-V and Ubuntu Compatability

Keith Clark wrote:
> Any issues with the following motherboard and Ubuntu that anyone knows
> of? I went to their website and I see no support for Linux in their
> drivers.
>
> http://www.msi.com/index.php?func=downloaddetail&type=driver&maincat_ no=1&prod_no=1472
>
> Thanks,
>
> Keith
>
>
>
Well I have a Shuttle computer that also never mentions Linux
but I loaded Ubuntu 9.04 on it and it is perfect! I was amazed
when I plugged in an HP printer it found it right away and
works great.

For WindowsXP I had to find the HP cd-rom and install a
driver. Now it works.

73 Karl


--

Karl F. Larsen, AKA K5DI
Linux User
#450462 http://counter.li.org.
Key ID = 3951B48D


--
ubuntu-users mailing list
ubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-users
 
Old 12-11-2009, 06:36 AM
Willis Taylor
 
Default MSI K9N6PGM2-V and Ubuntu Compatability

On Fri, 2009-12-11 at 00:10 +0000, ubuntu-users-request@lists.ubuntu.com
wrote:
> Re: MSI K9N6PGM2-V and Ubuntu Compatability

I recently built a computer for my sister-in-law with this MSI board and
since the drivers are all Via they were easy to come by. She is a
Windows user that says she will never use it again.


--
ubuntu-users mailing list
ubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-users
 
Old 12-11-2009, 12:46 PM
Keith Clark
 
Default MSI K9N6PGM2-V and Ubuntu Compatability

On Fri, 2009-12-11 at 01:36 -0600, Willis Taylor wrote:
> On Fri, 2009-12-11 at 00:10 +0000, ubuntu-users-request@lists.ubuntu.com
> wrote:
> > Re: MSI K9N6PGM2-V and Ubuntu Compatability
>
> I recently built a computer for my sister-in-law with this MSI board and
> since the drivers are all Via they were easy to come by.

Did you get the drivers from the Via site? Which ones did you need?

Were you able to get the machine up and running and then download the
required drivers?

Thanks,

Keith



--
ubuntu-users mailing list
ubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-users
 
Old 12-11-2009, 02:38 PM
Willis Taylor
 
Default MSI K9N6PGM2-V and Ubuntu Compatability

On Fri, 2009-12-11 at 15:05 +0000, ubuntu-users-request@lists.ubuntu.com
wrote:
> Re: MSI K9N6PGM2-V and Ubuntu CompatabilityDid you get the drivers
> from the Via site? Which ones did you need?

>Were you able to get the machine up and running and then download the
>required drivers?

>Thanks,

>Keith

Keith,
... To the best of my recollection everything fire up and the only thing
I had to play with was the video driver. It fired up, in 8.04LTS with a
screen at 480x640 and the best I could get with the generic driver was
600x800. I then took the info from the install and data sheet and
googled the video model + "ubuntu" and found that the correct driver was
to be found in synaptic and loaded it from there. The machine left here
with 1024x768 and I seem to recall that it would go higher, might be
wrong.


--
ubuntu-users mailing list
ubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-users
 
Old 12-11-2009, 03:18 PM
Keith Clark
 
Default MSI K9N6PGM2-V and Ubuntu Compatability

On Fri, 2009-12-11 at 09:38 -0600, Willis Taylor wrote:
> On Fri, 2009-12-11 at 15:05 +0000, ubuntu-users-request@lists.ubuntu.com
> wrote:
> > Re: MSI K9N6PGM2-V and Ubuntu CompatabilityDid you get the drivers
> > from the Via site? Which ones did you need?
>
> >Were you able to get the machine up and running and then download the
> >required drivers?
>
> >Thanks,
>
> >Keith
>
> Keith,
> ... To the best of my recollection everything fire up and the only thing
> I had to play with was the video driver. It fired up, in 8.04LTS with a
> screen at 480x640 and the best I could get with the generic driver was
> 600x800. I then took the info from the install and data sheet and
> googled the video model + "ubuntu" and found that the correct driver was
> to be found in synaptic and loaded it from there. The machine left here
> with 1024x768 and I seem to recall that it would go higher, might be
> wrong.
>
>

Thanks Willis! I appreciate the information. I'm building a machine
for my son for Christmas and just want to be prepared. I am buying the
parts and we are going to assemble it together.

Keith




--
ubuntu-users mailing list
ubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-users
 
Old 12-12-2009, 10:50 PM
Willis Taylor
 
Default MSI K9N6PGM2-V and Ubuntu Compatability

On Fri, 2009-12-11 at 16:38 +0000, ubuntu-users-request@lists.ubuntu.com
wrote:
> Thanks Willis! I appreciate the information. I'm building a machine
> for my son for Christmas and just want to be prepared. I am buying
> the
> parts and we are going to assemble it together.
>
> Keith
>
>
That sounds like a great deal and it is a very good bonding process.


--
ubuntu-users mailing list
ubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-users
 

Thread Tools




All times are GMT. The time now is 01:34 AM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright ©2007 - 2008, www.linux-archive.org