Old 12-10-2009, 05:19 PM
arshad

Default How to set a proxy site as the gate way for internet...?

hi all,
i don't know how to ask this question.
i want all my incoming and outgoing internet requests go through a proxy
site.
i have already installed TOR but it works only with firefox. neither
with opera nor with pidgin.

is there a way that i can set a proxy site as the default proxy?

step by step instro are preferred.

thank you very much.

Old 12-13-2009, 06:04 PM
Andrew Farris

On Thu, 2009-12-10 at 23:49 +0530, arshad wrote:
> hi all,
> i don't know how to ask this question.
> i want all my incoming and outgoing internet requests go through a proxy
> site.
> i have already installed TOR but it works only with firefox. neither
> with opera nor with pidgin.
>
> is there a way that i can set a proxy site as the default proxy?
>
> step by step instro are preferred.

Sorry for the lateish reply, your message got caught in my spamnet for
some reason...

I think you want the Network Proxy tool (System > Preferences > Network
Proxy). From within there just click "Manual proxy configuration", enter
your favorite proxy server for each protocol (or click the checkbox "use
the same proxy for all") then click "Apply system-wide". That should be
it.

Hope that helps!

--
Andrew