Old 12-10-2009, 04:15 PM
"Patrick Roughan"

Default ssh access to vmware virtual machine

Hi all,

Quick question if anyone can help, I am running a centos
linux server in vmware player on top of ubuntu 9.10 server, and am trying to
connected to it in a terminal with ssh, the centos virtual machine is using nat.
If I try to ssh to that ip it times out. Can anyone tell me how to connect to
it please?

Old 12-10-2009, 04:24 PM
Chris G

On Thu, Dec 10, 2009 at 05:15:48PM -0000, Patrick Roughan wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Quick question if anyone can help, I am running a centos linux server in
> vmware player on top of ubuntu 9.10 server, and am trying to connected to
> it in a terminal with ssh, the centos virtual machine is using nat. If I
> try to ssh to that ip it times out. Can anyone tell me how to connect to
> it please?

Where are you trying to ssh to the virtual machine from? Is the
centos machine's NAT using the same subnet as the host machine? If it
isn't then I don't think it's going to work without some routing help
from somewhere.

--
Chris Green