Old 12-10-2009, 03:42 PM
Laura Conrad

Default Karmic screensaver asks for password (solved)

Laura> Since I upgraded my laptop to 9.10 a couple of days ago,
Laura> the screensaver keeps asking for my password when I come
Laura> back. I've tried to find where to tell it not to do that.
Laura> I'm sure it used to be on one of the xscreensaver
Laura> configuration screens, but I can't find it now.

I should have mentioned that the laptop runs Xubuntu. There turns out
to be an xfce-powermanager, and that's what was set to lock the
screen. Changing that setting fixed my problem.

--
Laura (mailto:lconrad@laymusic.org)
(617) 661-8097 233 Broadway, Cambridge, MA 02139

I figure what I can't play in tune, I can always smother in
agréments!

Roland Hutchinson, on rec.music.early