Old 12-08-2009, 12:07 PM
Thiago Galesi

Default "Ubuntu is running in low-graphics mode" keyboard error

Hi

Yesterday's upgrade broke my system as such:

the following message appears: "Ubuntu is running in low-graphics mode"

The following error was encountered. You may need to update your
configuration to solve this.

(EE) Microsoft Comfort Curve Keyboard 2000: failed to initialise for
relative axes."

Yes, I do have a Ms Comfort Curve keyboard, unplugging it _does_not_
solve the problem

"Run Ubuntu in low-graphics for just one session" does not work
Ctrl-Alt-F1/F2 etc does not work
Regenerating xorg.conf using this menu does not work as well

Video card is Intel

Also, I can't open a bug in launchpad, timeout errors

Please CC me as I'm not subscribed to the list

--
-
Thiago Galesi

Old 12-10-2009, 11:34 AM
Alan McKay

On Tue, Dec 8, 2009 at 8:07 AM, Thiago Galesi <thiagogalesi@gmail.com> wrote:
> Please CC me as I'm not subscribed to the list

Honestly, that is pretty bad manners of you. Especially given that
we've just been discussing this issue and you can find the discussion
by searching the archives.

I had this problem myself after installing XMMS2, and my solution was
to reinstall my video drivers. I'm not sure what others have done
with their issue as I had not been following that thread very well.