Old 12-10-2009, 07:03 AM
"David Robert Lewis (ethnopunk)"

Default Mono reinstall knocks app registration

Hello,

This is the first time I am posting to this list. I reinstalled mono and
now mono-based apps like banshee have problems. I know I can register
them in the GAC manually with gacutils, and that I have to set the path
for GAC in bashrc, but even with path set, I still have to register
manually. Is this a problem with the ubuntu keys? I downloaded mono
directly and compiled the source?

Please help

Regards

DRL

Old 12-10-2009, 07:51 AM

David Robert Lewis (ethnopunk) wrote:
> Hello,
>
> This is the first time I am posting to this list. I reinstalled mono and
> now mono-based apps like banshee have problems. I know I can register
> them in the GAC manually with gacutils, and that I have to set the path
> for GAC in bashrc, but even with path set, I still have to register
> manually. Is this a problem with the ubuntu keys? I downloaded mono
> directly and compiled the source?
>
> Please help
>
> Regards
>
> DRL

Sorry, it appears I now have two GACs. The default /usr/lib/monon/gac
and the new one /usr/local/lib/gac. So I either didn't uninstall mono
properly, or shouldn't have followed somebodies advice on installing to
/usr/local/lib

Any ideas on what i should do?

DRL

Old 12-10-2009, 09:03 AM
Andrew Farris

On Thu, 2009-12-10 at 10:51 +0200, David Robert Lewis (ethnopunk) wrote:
[snip]
> Sorry, it appears I now have two GACs. The default /usr/lib/monon/gac
> and the new one /usr/local/lib/gac. So I either didn't uninstall mono
> properly, or shouldn't have followed somebodies advice on installing to
> /usr/local/lib
>
> Any ideas on what i should do?

you could either uninstall the mono source installation you already did,
and try again in the directory you want,
or you could just move the existing GAC under /usr/lib/monon/gac to
something like /usr/lib/monon/gac-backup, then link
the /usr/local/lib/gac to /usr/lib/monon/gac...

Not really sure what else to do with that though...hope that helps.

--
Andrew