Old 12-10-2009, 05:00 AM
sounder sounder

Default software to ubuntu

sir i want alternative software to u 95 for ubuntu 9.1

--
sas

Old 12-10-2009, 07:31 AM
Graham Todd

On Thu, 10 Dec 2009 01:00:44 -0500
sounder sounder <sasanniyan.sounder@gmail.com> uttered these words:

> sir i want alternative software to u 95 for ubuntu 9.1

You'll have to explain a bit more.

Do you want a different range of software, the type that used to be in
an earlier version of Ubuntu than 9.04 or 9.10?

Or do you want a specific item of software that isn't included?

--
Graham Todd

Old 12-10-2009, 07:39 AM
arshad

he is asking alternative for 'U95' software for karmic.

Old 12-10-2009, 08:45 AM
Andrew Farris

On Thu, 2009-12-10 at 01:00 -0500, sounder sounder wrote:
> sir i want alternative software to u 95 for ubuntu 9.1

Please be more descriptive in the future about what you're looking for,
because chances are, most people probably wont have any idea what you're
talking about... I only found out after some extensive googling, from
which I discovered that you were probably talking about the UltraSurf
proxy from http://ultrareach.com/. I don't know what you're specifically
trying to accomplish, other than maybe some level of anonymous browsing
capabilities...in which case, Ubuntu's proxy tool should work well for
you.

It's available under "System > Preferences > Network Proxy" and takes a
little configuration to get set up with your favorite proxy site, but
once you've got it set up, it filters all your desktop traffic through
that proxy, which is what it seems that ultrasurf does.

Hope that helps.

--
Andrew

Old 12-10-2009, 09:27 AM
Jozsef

Andrew Farris wrote:
> On Thu, 2009-12-10 at 01:00 -0500, sounder sounder wrote:
>> sir i want alternative software to u 95 for ubuntu 9.1
>
> Please be more descriptive in the future about what you're looking for,
> because chances are, most people probably wont have any idea what you're
> talking about... I only found out after some extensive googling, from
> which I discovered that you were probably talking about the UltraSurf
> proxy from http://ultrareach.com/. I don't know what you're specifically
> trying to accomplish, other than maybe some level of anonymous browsing
> capabilities...in which case, Ubuntu's proxy tool should work well for
> you.
>
> It's available under "System> Preferences> Network Proxy" and takes a
> little configuration to get set up with your favorite proxy site, but
> once you've got it set up, it filters all your desktop traffic through
> that proxy, which is what it seems that ultrasurf does.
>
> Hope that helps.

He needs that because ISP is blocking some websites in his country.

Old 12-10-2009, 09:43 AM
Andrew Farris

On Thu, 2009-12-10 at 14:27 +0400, Jozsef wrote:
> Andrew Farris wrote:
[snip]
> > It's available under "System> Preferences> Network Proxy"
[snip]
> He needs that because ISP is blocking some websites in his country.

Ah...makes sense. Would the method I described above work then? from all
the descriptions I've been able to find of UltraSurf, it seems like it
does exactly what the 'Network Proxy' tool does... though I've never
actually used UltraSurf, and only ever played around with 'Network
Proxy' as an experiment, but never to do any real anonifying...

--
Andrew