Old 12-10-2009, 02:56 AM
Rei Shinozuka

Default Touch screens and Ubuntu

Between laptop/tablets like the thinkpad x series tablet, and
touchscreen desktops like the Shuttle XPC SD50XW, i'm wondering what
sort of support ubuntu has for these devices.

thanks very much,

-rei

Old 12-10-2009, 12:10 PM
"Karl F. Larsen"

Rei Shinozuka wrote:
> Between laptop/tablets like the thinkpad x series tablet, and
> touchscreen desktops like the Shuttle XPC SD50XW, i'm wondering what
> sort of support ubuntu has for these devices.
>
> thanks very much,
>
> -rei

I have both Windows and Ubuntu 9.04 on my Shuttle and Ubuntu
works fine but the darn Windows needs the drivers from the
Shuttle DVD that came with the computer. I have just a cd-rom
reader/writer mounted so need to buy a DVD reader.

I am not using touch screen.

Karl

--

Karl F. Larsen, AKA K5DI
Linux User

Old 01-08-2010, 04:00 PM
Dedhi Sujatmiko

Rei Shinozuka wrote:
> Between laptop/tablets like the thinkpad x series tablet, and
> touchscreen desktops like the Shuttle XPC SD50XW, i'm wondering what
> sort of support ubuntu has for these devices.

I have the HP TX10005AU convertible tablet with Windows Vista. When I
installed Ubuntu 8.04 until 9.04, none of of them having capability of
the touch screen out of the box. Reading many blog/web site, looks like
I do need to back to the Jurassic era of hacking the Xorg.conf, which is
the main fun-crasher of using Linux and xBSD in the old days (that is
why I was succumbed to Solaris, IRIX, HP-UX and AIX, their GUI is just
works, with their proprietary hardware).