Old 12-09-2009, 06:46 PM
kate

Default Backup and Restore

Using a command in terminal

sudo dump -0uf /dev/sdb1 /

This backs up the system to a external hard drive, how do I retrieve the
information.

The instructions say

cd/xxx

sudo restore -if /dev/sdb1

after using this command nothing happens.

cd/xxx is were the back up is, what instruction do I tell the terminal
to display the contents of sdb1 external hard drive.

Thanks Kate