Old 12-09-2009, 06:09 PM
"Terry Ehrhart"

Default Reseting Default Keyring

I am attempting to use Evolution* Mail and when I try to access the address book it asks for a password to unlock the keyring. I have tried every password I can think of but can't get it to accept. Is there a way to reset the password?
*
Terry Ehrhart

Old 12-09-2009, 08:42 PM
Tom H

> I am attempting to use Evolution* Mail and when I try to access
> the address book it asks for a password to unlock the keyring.
> I have tried every password I can think of but can't get it to accept.
> Is there a way to reset the password?

alt-f2, seahorse, enter

Old 12-10-2009, 10:38 PM
"Terry Ehrhart"

Message: 6
> I am attempting to use Evolution? Mail and when I try to access
> the address book it asks for a password to unlock the keyring.
> I have tried every password I can think of but can't get it to accept.
> Is there a way to reset the password?
*
alt-f2, seahorse, enter
*
I found the answer to my problem at this link.
*
Terry Ehrhart
*
http://pherricoxide.wordpress.com/2009/02/22/ubuntu-keyring-password-change/
*
*

Old 12-11-2009, 01:29 PM
Tom H

Terry>>> I am attempting to use Evolution? Mail and when I try to
Terry>>> access the address book it asks for a password to unlock
Terry>>> the keyring. I have tried every password I can think of
Terry>>> but can't get it to accept. Is there a way to reset the
Terry>>> password?

Tom>> alt-f2, seahorse, enter

Terry> I found the answer to my problem at this link.
Terry> http://pherricoxide.wordpress.com/2009/02/22/ubuntu-keyring-password-change/

I was trying to point to a gui solution. Seahorse controls the files
in that directory.