Old 12-09-2009, 05:09 PM
Oliver Grawert

Default That Code of Conduct

hi,
Am Mittwoch, den 09.12.2009, 10:15 -0600 schrieb Cybe R. Wizard:
> I posted this to the sounder group a few days ago. It seems that it
> is also needed here where more people read.

i think it shows pretty clear that the CoC is one of the core
components ...

ciao
oli

Old 12-09-2009, 05:33 PM
Alan McKay

On Wed, Dec 9, 2009 at 1:09 PM, Oliver Grawert <ogra@ubuntu.com> wrote:

> i think it shows pretty clear that the CoC is one of the core
> components ...

I think you are right. It also says :

> When quoting, attribute the quoted text to the person who
> wrote it (again, most email clients will do this by default).
> Be careful to attribute the correct text to the correct person.

In the most recent case for me, I was not quoting. I had no intent to
quote. I added another datapoint to the discussion which was not
directly related to anything else which had been said in the thread,
but nonetheless which I believe to be related to the discussion. I
thought this was obvious from the context but I guess not. So I will
be more careful in the future to explicitly state when I am adding new
data which may not necessarily relate back to anything that had
previously been mentioned.

That link above also says :

> Avoid sending emails in HTML format, if possible.

Going back to my response to Leonard.

cheers,
-Alan

Old 12-09-2009, 05:49 PM