Old 12-08-2009, 10:55 AM
Markus Schönhaber

Default getting rid of gdm's user list (Karmic)

08.12.2009 12:29, Adam Funk:

https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ubuntu-users/2009-October/199823.html

--
Regards
mks

Old 12-08-2009, 11:34 AM
Avi Greenbury

Markus Schönhaber wrote:

> 08.12.2009 12:29, Adam Funk:
>
> > Has anyone succeeded in getting rid of the user list in the new
> > (Karmic) gdm login screen? (I do *not* want auto-log-in.)
>
> https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ubuntu-users/2009-October/199823.html

This, to the best of my knowledge, no longer works. I think it was an
update either shortly before or shortly after Karmic's release.

I can't remember the details of the working method, but it involves
updating the Gnome preferences as user 'gdm', since this is whose gnome
preferences are used before login.

--
Avi Greenbury
http://aviswebsite.co.uk