Old 12-08-2009, 10:29 AM
Adam Funk

Default getting rid of gdm's user list (Karmic)

Has anyone succeeded in getting rid of the user list in the new
(Karmic) gdm login screen? (I do *not* want auto-log-in.)

I've tried 'gksu gconf-editor' -> /apps/gdm/simple-greeter -> disable
user list and it has no effect.

(At least the /apps/gdm/simple-greeter/settings-manager-plugins/sound
-> active key works to get rid of the stupid drumbeats.)

Thanks,
Adam

Old 12-08-2009, 10:49 AM
Tom H

> Has anyone succeeded in getting rid of the user list in the new
> (Karmic) gdm login screen? *(I do *not* want auto-log-in.)

> I've tried 'gksu gconf-editor' -> /apps/gdm/simple-greeter -> disable
> user list and it has no effect.

You have to gksu/gksudo as gdm.