Old 12-07-2009, 10:46 PM
"Karl F. Larsen"

Default Aconadi, What is it?

On my Karmic with some update I must have got Aconadi, a blue
ball that sits on my top panel near the Network Manager.

Does anyone kow what this is? Should I start it?

73 Karl

--

Karl F. Larsen, AKA K5DI
Linux User

Old 12-07-2009, 10:51 PM
Alan McKay

You must be running Kubuntu are you?
Google tells me it has to do with KDE
http://pim.kde.org/akonadi/

Old 12-07-2009, 10:55 PM
Steve

http://packages.ubuntu.com/karmic/akonadi-server

--
Steve

Old 12-08-2009, 12:21 AM
"Karl F. Larsen"

Steve wrote:
> On Mon, 07 Dec 2009 23:46:51 -0000, Karl F. Larsen <klarsen1@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> On my Karmic with some update I must have got Aconadi, a blue
>> ball that sits on my top panel near the Network Manager.
>>
>> Does anyone kow what this is? Should I start it?
>>
>> 73 Karl
>>

> http://packages.ubuntu.com/karmic/akonadi-server

I think since I just deleted it that this is the best thing
to do. It has no application to my simple 32 bit Karmic.

73 Karl

--

Karl F. Larsen, AKA K5DI
Linux User

Old 12-09-2009, 05:59 AM
Jatin Davey

Karl F. Larsen wrote:
> Steve wrote:
>
>> On Mon, 07 Dec 2009 23:46:51 -0000, Karl F. Larsen <klarsen1@gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>

>>> On my Karmic with some update I must have got Aconadi, a blue
>>> ball that sits on my top panel near the Network Manager.
>>>
>>> Does anyone kow what this is? Should I start it?
>>>
>>> 73 Karl
>>>

>> http://packages.ubuntu.com/karmic/akonadi-server
>>

> I think since I just deleted it that this is the best thing
> to do. It has no application to my simple 32 bit Karmic.
>
> 73 Karl

I have a different thing but a similar issue that i am wondering what it
is. I have a new menu created under "Applications" named as "System
Tools" which has something named as "Akonadi Console". I started off
with a new karmic box with no additional softwares installed. During
this time there was no menu named as "System Tools" and there was
nothing like Akonadi console. I remember that after installing an
application named as "K3b" i got this Akonadi console. Can anyone tell
me what it is as well.

Thanks
Jatin