Linux Archive

Linux Archive (http://www.linux-archive.org/)
-   Ubuntu User (http://www.linux-archive.org/ubuntu-user/)
-   -   Aconadi, What is it? (http://www.linux-archive.org/ubuntu-user/291917-aconadi-what.html)

"Karl F. Larsen" 12-07-2009 10:46 PM

Aconadi, What is it?
 
On my Karmic with some update I must have got Aconadi, a blue
ball that sits on my top panel near the Network Manager.

Does anyone kow what this is? Should I start it?

73 Karl



--

Karl F. Larsen, AKA K5DI
Linux User
#450462 http://counter.li.org.
Key ID = 3951B48D


--
ubuntu-users mailing list
ubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-users

Alan McKay 12-07-2009 10:51 PM

Aconadi, What is it?
 
You must be running Kubuntu are you?
Google tells me it has to do with KDE
http://pim.kde.org/akonadi/



--
“Don't eat anything you've ever seen advertised on TV”
- Michael Pollan, author of "In Defense of Food"

--
ubuntu-users mailing list
ubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-users

Steve 12-07-2009 10:55 PM

Aconadi, What is it?
 
On Mon, 07 Dec 2009 23:46:51 -0000, Karl F. Larsen <klarsen1@gmail.com>
wrote:

> On my Karmic with some update I must have got Aconadi, a blue
> ball that sits on my top panel near the Network Manager.
>
> Does anyone kow what this is? Should I start it?
>
> 73 Karl
>
>
>
http://packages.ubuntu.com/karmic/akonadi-server

--
Steve

--
ubuntu-users mailing list
ubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-users

"Karl F. Larsen" 12-08-2009 12:21 AM

Aconadi, What is it?
 
Steve wrote:
> On Mon, 07 Dec 2009 23:46:51 -0000, Karl F. Larsen <klarsen1@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> On my Karmic with some update I must have got Aconadi, a blue
>> ball that sits on my top panel near the Network Manager.
>>
>> Does anyone kow what this is? Should I start it?
>>
>> 73 Karl
>>
>>
>>
> http://packages.ubuntu.com/karmic/akonadi-server
>
I think since I just deleted it that this is the best thing
to do. It has no application to my simple 32 bit Karmic.

73 Karl


--

Karl F. Larsen, AKA K5DI
Linux User
#450462 http://counter.li.org.
Key ID = 3951B48D


--
ubuntu-users mailing list
ubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-users

Jatin Davey 12-09-2009 05:59 AM

Aconadi, What is it?
 
Karl F. Larsen wrote:
> Steve wrote:
>
>> On Mon, 07 Dec 2009 23:46:51 -0000, Karl F. Larsen <klarsen1@gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>
>>> On my Karmic with some update I must have got Aconadi, a blue
>>> ball that sits on my top panel near the Network Manager.
>>>
>>> Does anyone kow what this is? Should I start it?
>>>
>>> 73 Karl
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>
>> http://packages.ubuntu.com/karmic/akonadi-server
>>
>>
> I think since I just deleted it that this is the best thing
> to do. It has no application to my simple 32 bit Karmic.
>
> 73 Karl
>
>
>
I have a different thing but a similar issue that i am wondering what it
is. I have a new menu created under "Applications" named as "System
Tools" which has something named as "Akonadi Console". I started off
with a new karmic box with no additional softwares installed. During
this time there was no menu named as "System Tools" and there was
nothing like Akonadi console. I remember that after installing an
application named as "K3b" i got this Akonadi console. Can anyone tell
me what it is as well.

Thanks
Jatin

--
ubuntu-users mailing list
ubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-users


All times are GMT. The time now is 11:48 AM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.