Old 12-07-2009, 08:34 AM
Jatin Davey

Default Ubuntu Laptop Battery Usage more than Windows Vista

Hi all

I am a new convert from Windows Vista to Ubuntu. While i was using Vista
the Avg time that my laptop battery would run was for 1 hour 15 mins.
After installing Ubuntu it runs for a maximum of 1 hour with the battery
fully charged. I am using Ubuntu 9.10 on a Toshiba A135-S2386. Just
curious to know if i need to tweak anything to use the battery
optimally. Though i am satisfied with the support and the usage of
ubuntu on my laptop just wanted to know if i am missing some thing.

Note : The battery usage was observed for over 3 weeks now.

Thanks
Jatin