Old 12-06-2009, 02:27 PM
Thomas Hasseier

Default A half step forward ...

Hello,
and thanks a lot to Seth, Joszef and Steve for their useful hints. I was astonished how quick you replied and your help is appreciated very much. Unfortunately I'm still stuck ...
Am 05.12.2009 um 18:45 schrieb Seth:After you boot to the CD and select your language, you have to press F6 and turn off ACPI.
Done. Ubuntu is installed but not working. When starting up the MacBook rEFIt lets me choose between MacOS and "Legacy" - choosing Legacy leads to a starting screen asking me to choose on of the follwing options :
Ubuntu, Linux 2.6.31-14-genericUbuntu, Linux 2.6.31-14-generic (recovery mode)Memory test (memtest86+)Memory test (memtest86+, serial console 115200)Mac OS X (on /dev/sda2)
After choosing Ubuntu or Ubuntu (recovery mode) I have a black screen with a cursor blinking some seconds before it disappears and nothing happens anymore ... choosing Mac OS X gives me a "panic" message.
I'd be very grateful for recommendations about how to proceed. Is there anything obvious that I just don't see ?
Apple Computer, It just works

It does surely - as long as you don't dare to set a foot near the given path.

Ah, just one more thing ... Ubuntu was not installed on the Bootcamp partition, which I prepared - I think I've chosen a wrong option during the installation. Instead the installation took a part of the main partition I left for Mac OS (as I can see in the volumes maintenance programm) and established three hidden partitions on it. Is there a simple way to move those hidden partitions to the Bootcamp partition, or is that not necessary ?
I know, I know ... I'm a pampered Mac-Guy and not used to solve difiiculities.
Thank you in advance from a newbie
Thomas--