Old 12-06-2009, 11:00 AM
Steve

Default Scanner HP Scanjet G4010

On Sun, 06 Dec 2009 11:46:52 -0000, Arun Shrimali <arun.reso@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Dear All,
>
> I have a scanner - HP Scanjet G4010, I there any way I can get it
> worked on Ubuntu 9.10
>

> Arun

Doesn’t look like it
http://www.sane-project.org/cgi-bin/driver.pl?manu=hp&model=4010&bus=any&v=&p=

--
Steve

Old 12-07-2009, 03:26 AM
Arun Shrimali

On Sun, Dec 6, 2009 at 5:30 PM, Steve <yorvik.ubunto@googlemail.com> wrote:
> On Sun, 06 Dec 2009 11:46:52 -0000, Arun Shrimali <arun.reso@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Dear All,
>>
>> I have a scanner - HP Scanjet G4010, I there any way I can get it
>> worked on Ubuntu 9.10
>>

>> Arun
>>
> Doesn’t look like it
> http://www.sane-project.org/cgi-bin/driver.pl?manu=hp&model=4010&bus=any&v=&p=
>
> --
> Steve

Yes, it (sane-project) says that "doesn't supported at least by this
backend. It may be supported by other backends, however."
Thus I am wondering, is there any other way, I can get my scanner worked ???

Arun

Old 12-07-2009, 04:56 PM
NoOp

On 12/06/2009 08:26 PM, Arun Shrimali wrote:
> On Sun, Dec 6, 2009 at 5:30 PM, Steve <> wrote:
>>> I have a scanner - HP Scanjet G4010, I there any way I can get it
>>> worked on Ubuntu 9.10
>>>
>> Doesn’t look like it
>> http://www.sane-project.org/cgi-bin/driver.pl?manu=hp&model=4010&bus=any&v=&p=

> Yes, it (sane-project) says that "doesn't supported at least by this
> backend. It may be supported by other backends, however."
> Thus I am wondering, is there any other way, I can get my scanner worked ???

From looking through the google links for this scanner, it appears that
it is only supported via Windows and Mac drivers. Your best bet might be
to install Win2K or WinXP in VirtualBox VM and use it that way.
Alternatively you might try via Wine, but VirtualBox w/Win is probably
your best bet.