Old 12-04-2009, 04:39 PM
"Richard F. Gillette"

Default Update manager & Synaptic problems...

When installing FLASH with Synaptic (UBUNTU remix 9.1 on aspire 1 D250)
I received an error and it did not finish the install. I figured i would
use Synaptic to remove what it installed, download a new flash.deb and
start over. But Synaptic is stuck with the error! any way to reset it?
If not I can reformat and do a new install of Ubuntu, but that seems
like the long way.

Rich W9PE (ex W9RSU, WN9RSU in 1952!)

Old 12-06-2009, 03:37 AM
Pastor JW

On Friday 04 December 2009 9:39:58 am Richard F. Gillette wrote:
> When installing FLASH with Synaptic (UBUNTU remix 9.1 on aspire 1 D250)
> I received an error and it did not finish the install. I figured i would
> use Synaptic to remove what it installed, download a new flash.deb and
> start over. But Synaptic is stuck with the error! any way to reset it?
> If not I can reformat and do a new install of Ubuntu, but that seems
> like the long way.

You type ' sudo dpkg --configure -a' without the quotes in a terminal which
should clear the error. It may take a bit but not to worry. When done try
your synaptic, it should now update fine again.

--
73 de N7PSV aka Pastor JW <n>< * PDGA# 35276
http://the-inner-circle.org _Registered Kubuntu User: #27403