Old 12-05-2009, 10:08 PM
Jeremy Sellors

Default Install Ubuntu 9.10 Alternate on HighPoint RocketRAID SATA Drive without a floppy drive

Hi,
The RocketRAID 174x SATA Controller Ubuntu Linux Installation Guid
has instructions using a USB floppy drive which I do not has, so I am
attempting to use a USB flash drive.

I have a USB thumb/flash drive and partitioned it with ext3 and
copied the HighPoint RocketRAID PCI Card (RR174x controller) drivers
for Ubuntu 9.07 from the HighPoint site.

Now I need to install the drivers so that the new install of Ubuntu
9.10 will recognize and boot from the rocketRAID SATA Drive.

After all the components are installed from the install CD and the
web I pressed the ALT+F2 to halt the install so that I can copy the
driver files on the USB drive to /tmp/hptdd.

fdisk -l shows the USB partition as /dev/sda1.

How do I mount this drive and copy the files over to the /tmp/hpdd or
is there a better way to achieve this?

Regards …Jeremy

Old 12-05-2009, 10:28 PM
Steve

On Sat, 05 Dec 2009 23:08:35 -0000, Jeremy Sellors <jksellors@skyplex.net>
wrote:

> Hi,
> The RocketRAID 174x SATA Controller Ubuntu Linux Installation Guid
> has instructions using a USB floppy drive which I do not has, so I am
> attempting to use a USB flash drive.
>
> I have a USB thumb/flash drive and partitioned it with ext3 and
> copied the HighPoint RocketRAID PCI Card (RR174x controller) drivers
> for Ubuntu 9.07 from the HighPoint site.
>
> Now I need to install the drivers so that the new install of Ubuntu
> 9.10 will recognize and boot from the rocketRAID SATA Drive.
>

> After all the components are installed from the install CD and the
> web I pressed the ALT+F2 to halt the install so that I can copy the
> driver files on the USB drive to /tmp/hptdd.
>
> fdisk -l shows the USB partition as /dev/sda1.
>
> How do I mount this drive and copy the files over to the /tmp/hpdd or
> is there a better way to achieve this?
>
> Regards …Jeremy

Steve