Old 12-05-2009, 08:59 PM
Seth

Default "Missing Operating System" Resolved on MacBook Pro

I'm back, with good news! I sucsessfully reinstalled Ubuntu on my MacBookPro5,4 And am writing this email from it right now. After looking over the instructions that were linked as an earlier reply more closely, I realised that rEFIt was actually REQUIRED for Ubuntu to boot properly. I also found out that there is a boot CD for rEFIt so you can just use that if you don't feel comfortable installing it onto your Mac. It wasn't Ubuntu's fault, it was the Mac's.

Thanks a lot for everyone's help though, I really appreciate it.

Jonathan Swift *- "May you live every day of your life."