Old 12-01-2009, 11:11 PM
Michael Frederick

Default Display settings

Have recently install ubuntu on my computer was tinkering with the display settings so it can show videos better - while showing I'm getting double images and half of the pictures are just elongated - I was try to see which setting will work best I click on 800 * 480 [16 : 10] and now I cannot get the setting to go back to its original because I'm unable to see the bottom of the display page to click on apply.

Mike

Old 12-03-2009, 06:38 PM
Colin Law

2009/12/2 Michael Frederick <googsfred@gmail.com>:
> Have recently install ubuntu on my computer was tinkering with the display
> settings so it can show videos better - while showing I'm getting double
> images and half of the pictures are just elongated - I was try to see which
> setting will work best I click on 800 * 480 [16 : 10] and now I cannot get
> the setting to go back to its original because I'm unable to see the bottom
> of the display page to click on apply.

You can move a window without access to the title bar by holding the
Alt key down while you click and drag anywhere on the window.

Colin

Old 12-03-2009, 06:45 PM
"nepal (PO)"

On Wednesday 02 Dec 2009 00:11:17 Michael Frederick wrote:
> Have recently install ubuntu on my computer was tinkering with the display
> settings so it can show videos better - while showing I'm getting double
> images and half of the pictures are just elongated - I was try to see which
> setting will work best I click on 800 * 480 [16 : 10] and now I cannot get
> the setting to go back to its original because I'm unable to see the bottom
> of the display page to click on apply.
>

> Mike

Mike,

hold down the alt key and with the mouse pointer over a part of the current
window, press and hold down the left mouse button . You should now be able to
move the entire window so that you may access the 'apply' button.

nepal.

Old 12-03-2009, 06:53 PM

Open a terminal and enter "xrandr" without quotesThe output will list all monitors on your system and the resolutions supported. *The first listed is the default for the monitor.Then enter "xrandr --output <monitor> --auto", <monitor> is the name of the monitor you wish to reset. *If you have two monitors, use:"xrandr --output <monitor1> --auto --left-of <monitor2> --output <monitor2> --auto".There's also a gui tool, gnome-randr-appletPaul