Old 12-03-2009, 07:14 AM
GARY HYPES

Default Space, the final frontier

Installed 9.04 as a dual-boot on a windows machine. Installation went fine, runs just fine, but it created minimal space only for itself. Trying to download updates via the update manager says there's not enough space, disk janitor says there's nothing to clean up.

I'm not familiar with cfdisk. Should I create a new partition? Can I enlarge the existing linux ext3 partition?

--
Gary Hypes
Contrary to popular belief, violence solves a great many things.

Old 12-03-2009, 07:21 AM
Jozsef

GARY HYPES wrote:
> Installed 9.04 as a dual-boot on a windows machine. Installation went
> fine, runs just fine, but it created minimal space only for itself.
> Trying to download updates via the update manager says there's not
> enough space, disk janitor says there's nothing to clean up.
>
> I'm not familiar with cfdisk. Should I create a new partition? Can I
> enlarge the existing linux ext3 partition?
>
> --
> Gary Hypes
> Contrary to popular belief, violence solves a great many things.

If you can boot that 9.04 use GParted to resize your partitions, but
please backup your data first!
If you can't boot 9.04 use Parted Magic www.partedmagic.com and again -
back up your files first!

Old 12-03-2009, 08:06 AM
Franz Waldmüller

Jozsef schrieb:
> GARY HYPES wrote:
[snip]

> If you can boot that 9.04 use GParted to resize your partitions, but
> please backup your data first!
> If you can't boot 9.04 use Parted Magic www.partedmagic.com and again -
> back up your files first!

You can only resize unmounted partitions. Please use a live-CD (e.g.
9.04 Desktop edition) to lauch Gparted.
Franz