Old 01-04-2008, 06:32 PM
David Vincent

Default Ximeta NDAS Netdisk

Keith Clark wrote:
> Has anyone successfully used a Ximeta NDAS Netdisk with Ubuntu 7.10? If so, which driver package did you use and where did you get it from?

oooh! good question, i have one of those too. so far i've mounted it
on my media server and shared it via nfs. works great. i plan on doing
the same thing if i finally settle and get a wd my book drive or two
later this year.

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2007/12/07/western_digital_drm_crippled_harddrive/

can anyone recommend a 500gb/1tb external storage solution for linux
which isn't too complicated? i like the 1tb version since it has two
drives which can be mirrored to provide some fault-tolerance.

hrm, i don't mean to hijack, so i'll ask that question again in a new
thread.

-d