-   -   Double click time using jEdit (possibly other java apps) (http://www.linux-archive.org/ubuntu-user/289437-double-click-time-using-jedit-possibly-other-java-apps.html)

Colin Law 12-02-2009 03:16 PM

Double click time using jEdit (possibly other java apps)

Hi

I believe there has historically been an issue with double click time
using jEdit on Ubuntu, jEdit (in fact java I think) not seeing the
system setting for this. On an earlier version of Ubuntu I fixed it
by adding *multiClickTime: 400 to /etc/X11/Xresources/X11-common.
This is not working for me on Ubuntu 9.10 (the setting there has no
effect on jEdit). Has anyone else come
across this?

jEdit 4.3pre18, Java 1.6.0_15

Colin

Colin Law 12-03-2009 06:55 PM

2009/12/2 Colin Law <clanlaw@googlemail.com>:
> Hi
>
> I believe there has historically been an issue with double click time
> using jEdit on Ubuntu, jEdit (in fact java I think) not seeing the
> system setting for this. *On an earlier version of Ubuntu I fixed it
> by adding *multiClickTime: 400 to /etc/X11/Xresources/X11-common.
> This is not working for me on Ubuntu 9.10 (the setting there has no
> effect on jEdit). *Has anyone else come
> across this?
>
> jEdit 4.3pre18, Java 1.6.0_15

Problem solved, for whatever reason I now have to put the
multiClickTime specification in ~/.Xresources.

Colin