-   -   Will not install (http://www.linux-archive.org/ubuntu-user/289199-will-not-install.html)

Andrew Farris 12-02-2009 08:11 AM

Will not install

On Wed, 2009-12-02 at 02:27 -0500, jesse stephen wrote:
> I am downloading from the software center and it comes up pakage
> operation failed, the installation or removal of software pakage
> failed. It won't download any software. Ubuntu 9.10

Please don't start a new thread unless you have a new issue... People
(like me) who are following the previous thread will get lost/stop
caring. Also, please attempt to address the other points i brought up in
my last email. I've reprinted it below for your convenience:

can you please give a specific example of a game you are trying
download, to make sure it's not a server issue?

Also, is it only games that aren't installing, or is it any
program?

try running one of the games from the command-line, and if it
returns an error, come back with that error message...it will
help determine what's wrong. (to run one from the command line,
right-click the menu-bar, go to Edit Menus, navigate to one of
the failing programs, right-click it's launcher and hit
"properties", then copy-paste the command listed under the
'command' section into a terminal).

Also, Please try installing one of the games that is failing
through
Synaptic Package Manager) or from the command line via "sudo
apt-get
install <packagename>". if/when it returns an error, please
copy-paste the exact error message in your next email.

--
Andrew