Old 12-02-2009, 04:03 AM
jesse stephen

Default GAMES WILL NOT DOWNLOAD

I am runing Ubutu 9.10 and it has quit downloading games. I had to reinstall the graphic driver for my pc to play the games. My pc is a HP Pavilion sSlimeline s3020n. It won't download games or delete the ones I try d to download. I keep getting operation failed And the games I try to download again that had failed it says I already have them installed but they don't play of-course.

Old 12-02-2009, 04:26 AM
"Cybe R. Wizard"

On Wed, 2 Dec 2009 00:03:15 -0500
jesse stephen <kennethalexanderstephen@gmail.com> wrote:

> I am runing Ubutu 9.10 and it has quit downloading games. I had to
> reinstall the graphic driver for my pc to play the games. My pc is a
> HP Pavilion sSlimeline s3020n. It won't download games or delete the
> ones I try d to download. I keep getting operation failed And the
> games I try to download again that had failed it says I already have
> them installed but they don't play of-course.

It would help us to know what games you are trying to DL and the way in
which you are attempting to do it.

Cybe R. Wizard
Winduhs

Old 12-02-2009, 04:29 AM
Andrew Farris

On Wed, 2009-12-02 at 00:03 -0500, jesse stephen wrote:
> I am runing Ubutu 9.10 and it has quit downloading games. I had to
> reinstall the graphic driver for my pc to play the games. My pc is a
> HP Pavilion sSlimeline s3020n. It won't download games or delete the
> ones I try d to download. I keep getting operation failed And the
> games I try to download again that had failed it says I already have
> them installed but they don't play of-course.

can you please give a specific example of a game you are trying to
download, to make sure it's not a server issue?

Also, is it only games that aren't installing, or is it any program?

Where are you installing from (i.e. synaptic, USC, apt-get, etc)?

try running one of the games from the command-line, and if it returns an
error, come back with that error message...it will help determine what's
wrong. (to run one from the command line, right-click the menu-bar, go
to Edit Menus, navigate to one of the failing programs, right-click it's
launcher and hit "properties", then copy-paste the command listed under
the 'command' section into a terminal).

Also, Please try installing one of the games that is failing through
Synaptic Package Manager) or from the command line via "sudo apt-get
install <packagename>". if/when it returns an error, please copy-paste
the exact error message in your next email.

Hope that helps!

--
Andrew

Old 12-02-2009, 05:12 AM
jesse stephen

I am downloading from the software center and it comes up pakage operation failed, the installation or removal of software pakage failed. It won't download any software.

On Wed, Dec 2, 2009 at 12:29 AM, Andrew Farris <flyindragon1@aol.com> wrote:

On Wed, 2009-12-02 at 00:03 -0500, jesse stephen wrote:

> I am runing Ubutu 9.10 and it has quit downloading games. I had to

> reinstall the graphic driver for my pc to play the games. My pc is a

> HP Pavilion sSlimeline s3020n. It won't download games or delete the

> ones I try d to download. I keep getting operation failed And the

> games I try to download again that had failed it says I already have

> them installed but they don't play of-course.

can you please give a specific example of a game you are trying to

download, to make sure it's not a server issue?

Also, is it only games that aren't installing, or is it any program?

Where are you installing from (i.e. synaptic, USC, apt-get, etc)?

try running one of the games from the command-line, and if it returns an

error, come back with that error message...it will help determine what's

wrong. (to run one from the command line, right-click the menu-bar, go

to Edit Menus, navigate to one of the failing programs, right-click it's

launcher and hit "properties", then copy-paste the command listed under

the 'command' section into a terminal).

Also, Please try installing one of the games that is failing through

Synaptic Package Manager) or from the command line via "sudo apt-get

install <packagename>". if/when it returns an error, please copy-paste

the exact error message in your next email.

Hope that helps!

--

Andrew

Registered Linux User: 473690