Old 12-02-2009, 02:14 AM
Andrew Farris

Default Fw: Karmic 9.10 new kernel BAD!

On Tue, 2009-12-01 at 18:28 -0800, Leonard Chatagnier wrote:
> Sorry guys. Karl did provide the info but to me directly and not
> copied the list. I overlooked that fact when I read his email to me.
>
> [snip]

> with kubuntu-desktop)
> proprietary driver nvidia-glx-185
>
> [snip]

> Radeon HD 3200 Graphics

No problem. Thanks for sending the info through.

For me:
$ uname -r
2.6.31-15-generic

and
$ lshw -c display
*-display
product: RV630 [Radeon HD 2600XT]
vendor: ATI Technologies Inc
[snip]
configuration: driver=fglrx_pci latency=0
[snip]

This is a fresh 64-bit install, and no issues with flickering screens
etc. Previously, this system was running an upgraded 9.10 32-bit, also
the -15 kernel with no issues... i just decided that I wanted to fully
utilize my 64-bit hardware, so I reformatted.

I did have an issue with my upgrade though that required me to purge my
old ATI drivers, and re-download them... maybe unrelated, but maybe not.

--
Andrew

Old 12-02-2009, 02:50 AM
Leonard

dean wrote:

Leonard Chatagnier wrote:
Sorry guys. Karl did provide the info but to me directly and not
copied the list. I overlooked that fact when I read his email to me.

Leonard Chatagnier
lenc5570@sbcglobal.net