Old 12-01-2009, 12:20 AM
Mriswithe

Default Karmic: Mounts with SMB:// not showing up in all nautilus/file manager windows

I did some searching and couldn't find anything that addressed this, so here goes:

I usually mount shares on other local computers, both windows and linux
flavors, by entering "smb://192.168.0.5" to mount them and get to them.
In 9.04 when I did this it would pop on my desktop as well as in
nautilus and such. Now in karmic it is appearing in the "Places" area
of nautilus as well as my desktop like it used to, but the only thing
different is when I go to select a download location with something
like downthemall it is not seeing the mount in the links to the left. I
can't find it anywhere so that I can do a direct dump to the networked
computer.

I am on a clean install of 9.10 Ubuntu using gnome and have had very few other problems
with karmic, anyone have an idea of what changed or if this is a known
issue?

Thank you for your help,

Mriswithe