Old 11-30-2009, 10:31 PM
Andrew Farris

Default UBUNTU DIRECTIONS

On Mon, 2009-11-30 at 21:16 +0000, Steve wrote:
> On Mon, 30 Nov 2009 21:03:07 -0000, jesse stephen
> <kennethalexanderstephen@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Is there a pdf manual for ubuntu? It would really help
>
> http://www.ubuntupocketguide.com/index_main.html

+1 for the Ubuntu Pocket Guide!

--
Andrew

Old 12-01-2009, 12:03 AM
Ray Parrish

jesse stephen wrote:
> Is there a pdf manual for ubuntu? It would really help

Many of the documentation files for Ubuntu are already on your hard
drive. Have a look through your /usr/share/docs folder for html and pdf
help files for all of your programs and Ubuntu itself including the
kernel references.

Many more docs are installable with Synaptic Package Manager, so have a
look there as well.

For a good list of what I think are the core manuals to install, and
their installed locations have a look here -

<http://www.rayslinks.com/Learning%20Linux%20References.html>

Later, Ray Parrish

--
The Future of Technology.