-   -   UBUNTU DIRECTIONS (http://www.linux-archive.org/ubuntu-user/288442-ubuntu-directions.html)

Andrew Farris 11-30-2009 10:31 PM

UBUNTU DIRECTIONS

On Mon, 2009-11-30 at 21:16 +0000, Steve wrote:
> On Mon, 30 Nov 2009 21:03:07 -0000, jesse stephen
> <kennethalexanderstephen@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Is there a pdf manual for ubuntu? It would really help
>
> http://www.ubuntupocketguide.com/index_main.html

+1 for the Ubuntu Pocket Guide!

--
Andrew

Ray Parrish 12-01-2009 12:03 AM

UBUNTU DIRECTIONS

jesse stephen wrote:
> Is there a pdf manual for ubuntu? It would really help

Many of the documentation files for Ubuntu are already on your hard
drive. Have a look through your /usr/share/docs folder for html and pdf
help files for all of your programs and Ubuntu itself including the
kernel references.

Many more docs are installable with Synaptic Package Manager, so have a
look there as well.

For a good list of what I think are the core manuals to install, and
their installed locations have a look here -

<http://www.rayslinks.com/Learning%20Linux%20References.html>

Later, Ray Parrish

--
The Future of Technology.