-   -   Problems With Privoxy On Reboot/Start in Karmic (http://www.linux-archive.org/ubuntu-user/288035-problems-privoxy-reboot-start-karmic.html)

Graham Todd 11-30-2009 06:50 AM

Problems With Privoxy On Reboot/Start in Karmic

I raised this problem before and I had a great deal of help, but I've
found it recurring with a number of machines on which I reinstalled
Ubuntu with Ubuntu Karmic.

Briefly, this is the issue. When installing Privoxy from the repos
(haven't tried the tarball yet), and then starting it with:

sudo /etc/init.d/privoxy start

Privoxy works. However, when I restart or reboot a system running
Karmic, Privoxy needs to be restarted before I can connect.

Previous versions of Ubuntu didn't have this problem. Once you started
it manually, Privoxy restarted on reboot or restart.

I have set Privoxy's settings in Network Proxy so they can be available
system-wide. Could this be the problem?

Any advice you can give will be gladly received!

--
Graham Todd