Old 11-30-2009, 03:20 AM
Electrotek_Chennai

Default I am using Ubuntu 9.10 version - facing problem with my system

Dear Sirs/Madams,

I am using Ubuntu for the last 6 months. Earlier I was using Ubuntu
version 8.04 and then got upgraded to the latest version of Ubuntu
9.10. This upgradation I have done 15 days ago.

From that day onwards, my system gets struck while working. I will
have to restart the system to work again. This happens nearly 20
times a day. I have called up my computer technical support person
and he has checked the system thoroughly. We are unable to find out
what exactly could be the problem. When I was using Ubuntu 8.04
version, my system did not hang. But now, my system is being restarted
nearly 20 times a day.

Please suggest some possible reasons and solutions to this situation.

Looking forward for the valuable reply.

Best regards,

Mrs. Sripriya Kesavan
Business Support Coordinator

_____________________________________
Electrotek International Inc.
17, C V Raman Road, Alwarpet,
Chennai - 600 018
Ph: + 91 44 2499 6743
+ 91 44 2499 6327
Fax:+ 91 44 2499 4056
Email:seismo@electrotek.in

Old 11-30-2009, 05:41 AM
arshad

at which point your system gets hang.
like upon activation of screensaver etc...?

Old 11-30-2009, 05:44 AM
Darshana Jayasinghe

Did u try updating the system?

I am using Ubuntu for the last 6 months. *Earlier I was using Ubuntu

version 8.04 and then got upgraded to the latest version of Ubuntu

9.10. *This upgradation I have done 15 days ago.

*From that day onwards, my system gets struck while working. *I will

[...]

____________________________________

DÄrshana

Old 11-30-2009, 07:57 AM
thomas

arshad wrote:
> at which point your system gets hang.
> like upon activation of screensaver etc...?
> On Mon, 2009-11-30 at 09:50 +0530, Electrotek_Chennai wrote:
>
>> When I was using Ubuntu 8.04

Another place the system hangs up is while running. I have this problem.

Old 11-30-2009, 09:01 AM
thomas

Darshana Jayasinghe wrote:
> Did u try updating the system?
>
> On Mon, Nov 30, 2009 at 9:50 AM, Electrotek_Chennai
> <seismo@electrotek.in <mailto:seismo@electrotek.in>> wrote:
>
> Dear Sirs/Madams,
>

> I am using Ubuntu for the last 6 months. Earlier I was using Ubuntu
> version 8.04 and then got upgraded to the latest version of Ubuntu
> 9.10. This upgradation I have done 15 days ago.
>

> From that day onwards, my system gets struck while working. I will
> have to restart the system to work again. This happens nearly 20
> times a day. I have called up my computer technical support person
> and he has checked the system thoroughly. We are unable to find out
> what exactly could be the problem. When I was using Ubuntu 8.04
> version, my system did not hang. But now, my system is being restarted
> nearly 20 times a day.
>

> Please suggest some possible reasons and solutions to this situation.
>

> Looking forward for the valuable reply.
>

> Best regards,
>

> Mrs. Sripriya Kesavan
> Business Support Coordinator
>
> _____________________________________
> Electrotek International Inc.
> 17, C V Raman Road, Alwarpet,
> Chennai - 600 018
> Ph: + 91 44 2499 6743
> + 91 44 2499 6327
> Fax:+ 91 44 2499 4056
> Email:seismo@electrotek.in <mailto:Email%3Aseismo@electrotek.in>

> DÄrshana
I am glad to know that I am not the only person with this problem.

Since then I have not allowed any upgrades to happen because I fear it
might stop working.

Maybe I am getting paranoid but I suspect that Microsoft had a hand in
the revision of Ubuntu 9.10. Version 9.10 is TOO MUCH Microsoft like.

Thomas