FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
» Video Reviews

» Linux Archive

Linux-archive is a website aiming to archive linux email lists and to make them easily accessible for linux users/developers.


» Sponsor

» Partners

» Sponsor

Go Back   Linux Archive > Ubuntu > Ubuntu User

 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
 
Old 11-30-2009, 05:18 AM
Ryan Chan
 
Default Disable IPv6 in Ubuntu 9.10

It seems that appending "blacklist ipv6" in
/etc/modprobe.d/blacklist.conf never work.

Only method work is editing /boot/grub/menu.lst, adding ipv6.disable=1.


Anyone get the same experience?

--
ubuntu-users mailing list
ubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-users
 
Old 11-30-2009, 05:28 AM
John Abbott
 
Default Disable IPv6 in Ubuntu 9.10

On Mon, 2009-11-30 at 14:18 +0800, Ryan Chan wrote:


It seems that appending "blacklist ipv6" in
/etc/modprobe.d/blacklist.conf never work.

Only method work is editing /boot/grub/menu.lst, adding ipv6.disable=1.


Anyone get the same experience?





Is this a trick quiz? there is no menu.lst to add anything to in Ubuntu 9.10


--
ubuntu-users mailing list
ubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-users
 
Old 11-30-2009, 06:20 AM
Nils Kassube
 
Default Disable IPv6 in Ubuntu 9.10

John Abbott wrote:
> Is this a trick quiz? there is no menu.lst to add anything to in
> Ubuntu 9.10

Yes, there is. You probably have directly installed 9.10 and therefore
got the new grub2 which doesn't have a menu.lst. However on my upgraded
machines I still have the old grub including its menu.lst.


Nils

--
ubuntu-users mailing list
ubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-users
 
Old 12-01-2009, 01:00 AM
John Abbott
 
Default Disable IPv6 in Ubuntu 9.10

On Mon, 2009-11-30 at 08:20 +0100, Nils Kassube wrote:


John Abbott wrote:
> Is this a trick quiz? there is no menu.lst to add anything to in
> Ubuntu 9.10

Yes, there is. You probably have directly installed 9.10 and therefore
got the new grub2 which doesn't have a menu.lst. However on my upgraded
machines I still have the old grub including its menu.lst.


Nils





Ah.. thanks for the correction Nils.* It never occurs to me that people would do an install any other way than the way I just did it ))


--
ubuntu-users mailing list
ubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-users
 
Old 12-08-2009, 04:46 PM
Tom H
 
Default Disable IPv6 in Ubuntu 9.10

> It seems that appending "blacklist ipv6" in
> /etc/modprobe.d/blacklist.conf never work.

> Only method work is editing /boot/grub/menu.lst, adding ipv6.disable=1.

> Anyone get the same experience?

Yes. I have forgotten when it started but there was a point where most
distribution compiled their kernels with "CONFIG_IPV6=y" so the sysctl
and modprobe methods of disabling ipv6 stopped working. From 2.6.30,
it has become possible to disable ipv6 without recompiling the kernel
with the 'ipv6.disable=1" menu.lst/grub.cfg kernel option.

--
ubuntu-users mailing list
ubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-users
 

Thread Tools




All times are GMT. The time now is 09:55 PM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright 2007 - 2008, www.linux-archive.org