-   -   NFS server and client BIG problems on 9.10 (http://www.linux-archive.org/ubuntu-user/287207-nfs-server-client-big-problems-9-10-a.html)

Alex Berber 11-27-2009 11:02 PM

NFS server and client BIG problems on 9.10

NFS server and client BIG problems on 9.10

Hello,
I have the next problem, I've installed NFS server and client on my
home server and laptop. On server I've shared directory Shara like
this:

Code:
user@server$ sudo nano /etc/exports
/home/booch/Shara/ 192.168.1.102(rw,sync,no_subtree_check)

I gave access to my laptop with IP 192.168.1.102

I've modify file /etc/hosts.allow and /etc/hosts.deny

Code:
user@server$ sudo nano /etc/hosts.deny
portmap: 192.168.1.102/24
lockd: 192.168.1.102/24
mountd: 192.168.1.102/24
rquotad: 192.168.1.102/24
statd: 192.168.1.102/24

Code:
user@server$ sudo nano /etc/hosts.allow
portmap: 192.168.1.102/24
lockd: 192.168.1.102/24
rquotad: 192.168.1.102/24
mountd: 192.168.1.102/24
statd: 192.168.1.102/24

Code:
user@server$ sudo /etc/init.d/nfs-kernel-server restart

On client machine:

Code:
user@client$ sudo mount.nfs 192.168.1.100:/home/booch/Shara /home/mothes/data/ -rw

After this command I have connected file system from server but just
like READ-FILE SYSTEM ONLY I can't write something in directory
data on client machine. With rights everything is OK.

And I can't imagine why ??

Please I need your help, if you have any idea, thanks a lot.

"Joep L. Blom" 11-27-2009 11:44 PM

Alex Berber wrote:
> *NFS server and client BIG problems on 9.10*
> Hello, I have the next problem, I've installed NFS server and client on
> my home server and laptop. On server I've shared directory Shara like this:
>
> Code:
>
> user@server$ sudo nano /etc/exports
> /home/booch/Shara/ 192.168.1.102(rw,sync,no_subtree_check)
>
> I gave access to my laptop with IP 192.168.1.102
> I've modify file /etc/hosts.allow and /etc/hosts.deny
>
> Code:
>
> user@server$ sudo nano /etc/hosts.deny
> portmap: 192.168.1.102/24
> lockd: 192.168.1.102/24
> mountd: 192.168.1.102/24
> rquotad: 192.168.1.102/24
> statd: 192.168.1.102/24
>
> Code:
>
> user@server$ sudo nano /etc/hosts.allow
> portmap: 192.168.1.102/24
> lockd: 192.168.1.102/24
> rquotad: 192.168.1.102/24
> mountd: 192.168.1.102/24
> statd: 192.168.1.102/24
>
> Code:
>
> user@server$ sudo /etc/init.d/nfs-kernel-server restart
>
> On client machine:
> Code:
>
> user@client$ sudo mount.nfs 192.168.1.100:/home/booch/Shara /home/mothes/data/ -rw
>
> After this command I have connected file system from server but just
> like *READ-FILE SYSTEM ONLY* I can't write something in directory data
> on client machine. With rights everything is OK.
>
> *And I can't imagine why ??
> Please I need your help, if you have any idea, thanks a lot.*

DON'T HIJACK A THREAD!! START A NEW ONE !!
Joep

Colin Law 11-28-2009 08:12 AM

2009/11/28 Joep L. Blom <jlblom@neuroweave.nl>:
> Alex Berber wrote:
>> *NFS server and client BIG problems on 9.10*
>> Hello, I have the next problem, I've installed NFS server and client on
>> my home server and laptop. On server I've shared directory Shara like this:
>>
>> Code:
>>
>> user@server$ sudo nano /etc/exports
>> /home/booch/Shara/ 192.168.1.102(rw,sync,no_subtree_check)
>>
>> I gave access to my laptop with IP 192.168.1.102
>> I've modify file /etc/hosts.allow and /etc/hosts.deny
>>
>> Code:
>>
>> user@server$ sudo nano /etc/hosts.deny
>> portmap: 192.168.1.102/24
>> lockd: 192.168.1.102/24
>> mountd: 192.168.1.102/24
>> rquotad: 192.168.1.102/24
>> statd: 192.168.1.102/24
>>
>> Code:
>>
>> user@server$ sudo nano /etc/hosts.allow
>> portmap: 192.168.1.102/24
>> lockd: * 192.168.1.102/24
>> rquotad: 192.168.1.102/24
>> mountd: *192.168.1.102/24
>> statd: * 192.168.1.102/24
>>
>> Code:
>>
>> user@server$ sudo /etc/init.d/nfs-kernel-server restart
>>
>> On client machine:
>> Code:
>>
>> user@client$ sudo mount.nfs 192.168.1.100:/home/booch/Shara /home/mothes/data/ -rw
>>
>> After this command I have connected file system from server but just
>> like *READ-FILE SYSTEM ONLY* I can't write something in directory data
>> on client machine. With rights everything is OK.
>>
>> *And I can't imagine why ??
>> Please I need your help, if you have any idea, thanks a lot.*
>
> DON'T HIJACK A THREAD!! START A NEW ONE !!

Or to put that a bit more clearly and quietly for those not in the
know, when starting a new thread always start a new email, do not take
an existing one and just clear out the contents and change the
subject. That leaves thread information in the email header that the
more sophisticated email clients will use to link it in to the
original thread rather than starting a new one.

Colin.

Alex Berber 11-28-2009 09:39 AM

[...]

Problem has bee solved. You can check details on Ubuntu forum
http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?p=8398721#post8398721

Thanks.

Russian blogger.

Res 11-28-2009 07:46 PM

NFS server and client BIG problems on 9.10

Firstly, since your using gmail, and they have no idea on how to insert
quote marks, I have NFI who wrote what here, so i'll just put my
comment...

On Sat, 28 Nov 2009, Alex Berber wrote:

> On 28.11.2009 11:12, Colin Law wrote:
>
> 2009/11/28 Joep L. Blom <jlblom@neuroweave.nl>:
>

> Alex Berber wrote:
>

> Code:
>
> user@server$ sudo nano /etc/hosts.deny
> portmap: 192.168.1.102/24
> lockd: 192.168.1.102/24
> mountd: 192.168.1.102/24
> rquotad: 192.168.1.102/24
> statd: 192.168.1.102/24

I *hope* you meant to say you used "ALL" above in place of your own IP
range.

--
Res

"What does Windows have that Linux doesn't?" - One hell of a lot of bugs!