Old 11-27-2009, 07:48 PM
Seth

Default Do Ubuntu and Mac OS X place nice with each other?

So, a few weeks ago I made a thread that I was getting a MacBook Pro
and was wondering if I could just partition the drive with the Boot
Camp Assisstant and install Ubuntu. Well, I decided to do it. I have
my CD sitting here and I am about ready to partition the drive. The
main and most important thing I want to know is if I will still be
able to boot into Mac OS X. Does GRUB install itself on both
partitions or just the one that Ubuntu is installed on? I'm probably
going to install Ubuntu regardless, but I just want to know if they
will play nice with each other.

Old 11-27-2009, 08:48 PM
Bas Roufs

Hello Seth

Quite probably, the installation disk will recognise the presence of
another OS, in your case Mac OS X. In that case you will have an
option to MAINTAIN the existing OS, to PARTITION the disk and than to
install Ubuntu at the empty part of the disk. After finishing the
installation, you will see a menu in which you can choose which OS to
run: Ubuntu or MAC OS X.
Respectfully yours,

Bas.