-   -   do my messages reach the list? (http://www.linux-archive.org/ubuntu-user/287099-do-my-messages-reach-list.html)

tommie ramirez andujar 11-27-2009 06:40 PM

do my messages reach the list?

Leonard Chatagnier 11-27-2009 06:46 PM

do my messages reach the list?

yes

Leonard Chatagnier

lenc5570@sbcglobal.net

--- On Fri, 11/27/09, tommie ramirez andujar <tommie.ramirezandujar@gmail.com> wrote:

From: tommie ramirez andujar <tommie.ramirezandujar@gmail.com>
Subject: do my messages reach the list?
To: ubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com
Date: Friday, November 27, 2009, 1:40 PM

do my messages reach the list?

John Abbott 11-27-2009 06:57 PM

do my messages reach the list?

Yes.* Apparently the list is set up not to send your posts back to you.* I never see any of mine either.

On Fri, 2009-11-27 at 14:40 -0500, tommie ramirez andujar wrote:

do my messages reach the list?

Tomas Alberto Ramirez Andujar, msc.
IT Professional
Camaguey, Cuba

Steve 11-27-2009 07:00 PM

On Fri, 27 Nov 2009 19:57:33 -0000, John Abbott <fewclues@gmail.com> wrote:

> Yes. Apparently the list is set up not to send your posts back to you.
> I never see any of mine either.

It’s not a list setting, it’s a feature of gmail.
--
Steve

Wade Smart 11-27-2009 07:06 PM

Steve wrote:
> On Fri, 27 Nov 2009 19:57:33 -0000, John Abbott <fewclues@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Yes. Apparently the list is set up not to send your posts back to you.
>> I never see any of mine either.
>>
> It’s not a list setting, it’s a feature of gmail.

I personally like to see my posts so, I put a bcc in my email so I see
it in my ubuntu folder in Thunderbird.
--
Registered Linux User: #480675
Registered Linux Machine: #408606

John Abbott 11-27-2009 07:11 PM

On Fri, 2009-11-27 at 14:06 -0600, Wade Smart wrote:

Steve wrote:
> On Fri, 27 Nov 2009 19:57:33 -0000, John Abbott <fewclues@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Yes. Apparently the list is set up not to send your posts back to you.
>> I never see any of mine either.
>>
> It’s not a list setting, it’s a feature of gmail.

I personally like to see my posts so, I put a bcc in my email so I see
it in my ubuntu folder in Thunderbird.
--
Registered Linux User: #480675
Registered Linux Machine: #408606
Linux since June 2005

Well actually you aren't seeing a post from the list but just a copy of what you have sent to the list.* Proving I suppose that the message made it to your mail server.* I have my lists set up to echo the message to everyone - because like us, lots of folks like some form of feedback.

John Abbott 11-27-2009 07:13 PM

do my messages reach the list?

Strange then that it echoes my posts to several Google Group email lists.

Wade Smart 11-27-2009 07:17 PM

John Abbott wrote:
> On Fri, 2009-11-27 at 14:06 -0600, Wade Smart wrote:
>> Steve wrote:

>> > It’s not a list setting, it’s a feature of gmail.
>>
>> I personally like to see my posts so, I put a bcc in my email so I see
>> it in my ubuntu folder in Thunderbird.
>> --
>> Registered Linux User: #480675
>> Registered Linux Machine: #408606
>> Linux since June 2005
>>
> Well actually you aren't seeing a post from the list but just a copy of
> what you have sent to the list. Proving I suppose that the message made
> it to your mail server. I have my lists set up to echo the message to
> everyone - because like us, lots of folks like some form of feedback.

Well, right, and I know that. I just to like to see my message so
when/if its answered, I have a thread showing the problem and possible
solution.

Wade

John Abbott 11-27-2009 07:42 PM

On Fri, 2009-11-27 at 14:17 -0600, Wade Smart wrote:

Well, right, and I know that. I just to like to see my message so

when/if its answered, I have a thread showing the problem and possible

solution.

Wade

Sorry Wade, I didn't mean to infer any lack of skills toward you.* I don't use the thread feature but prefer to using the search functions when retrieving a subject or thread.* I wasn't thinking.

Steve 11-27-2009 08:57 PM

On Fri, 27 Nov 2009 20:06:28 -0000, Wade Smart <wadesmart@gmail.com> wrote:

> Steve wrote:
>> On Fri, 27 Nov 2009 19:57:33 -0000, John Abbott <fewclues@gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Yes. Apparently the list is set up not to send your posts back to you.
>>> I never see any of mine either.
>>>
>> It’s not a list setting, it’s a feature of gmail.
>
> I personally like to see my posts so, I put a bcc in my email so I see
> it in my ubuntu folder in Thunderbird.

My mail appears in the thread if somebody replies to it. I can’t remember
what setting I altered to do this though.

--
Steve