Old 11-27-2009, 11:20 PM
"Cybe R. Wizard"

Default do my messages reach the list?

On Fri, 27 Nov 2009 13:57:33 -0600
John Abbott <fewclues@gmail.com> wrote:

(corrected your top post for you, no thanks necessary.)

> On Fri, 2009-11-27 at 14:40 -0500, tommie ramirez andujar wrote:
>
> > do my messages reach the list?
> >
> Yes. Apparently the list is set up not to send your posts back to
> you. I never see any of mine either.

It isn't the list, it is gmail that doesn't give you your own posts
back.

Cybe R. Wizard
Winduhs

Old 11-27-2009, 11:28 PM
Leonard Chatagnier

(corrected your top post for you, no thanks necessary.)

> On Fri, 2009-11-27 at 14:40 -0500, tommie ramirez andujar wrote:
>
> > do my messages reach the list?
> >
> Yes.* Apparently the list is set up not to send your posts
back to
> you. I never see any of mine either.

It isn't the list, it is gmail that doesn't give you your own posts
back.

The list does too if you so select.* I've never used gmail in my life and I don't get my post or replies unless someone replies to it.
Leonard Chatagnier

lenc5570@sbcglobal.net

Old 11-27-2009, 11:39 PM
"Cybe R. Wizard"

On Fri, 27 Nov 2009 16:28:27 -0800 (PST)
Leonard Chatagnier <lenc5570@sbcglobal.net> wrote:

> --- On Fri, 11/27/09, Cybe R. Wizard <cyber_wizard@mindspring.com>
> wrote:
>
> From: Cybe R. Wizard <cyber_wizard@mindspring.com>
> Subject: Re: do my messages reach the list?
> To: ubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com
> Date: Friday, November 27, 2009, 6:20 PM
>
> On Fri, 27 Nov 2009 13:57:33 -0600
> John Abbott <fewclues@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> (corrected your top post for you, no thanks necessary.)
> >
> > On Fri, 2009-11-27 at 14:40 -0500, tommie ramirez andujar wrote:
> >
> > > do my messages reach the list?
> > >
> > Yes.* Apparently the list is set up not to send your posts back to
> > you. I never see any of mine either.
>
> It isn't the list, it is gmail that doesn't give you your own posts
> back.
>
> The list does too if you so select.* I've never used gmail in my life
> and I don't get my post or replies unless someone replies to it.
> Leonard Chatagnier
>
> lenc5570@sbcglobal.net

I haven't seen that option although admittedly I haven't been to the
sign-up page in quite a while. OTOH, are you sure it isn't Yahoo mail
doing the same thing for you as gmail is doing for the OP?

Cybe R. Wizard
Winduhs

Old 11-28-2009, 01:55 AM
Leonard Chatagnier

On Fri, 27 Nov 2009 16:28:27 -0800 (PST)
Leonard Chatagnier <lenc5570@sbcglobal.net> wrote:

> --- On Fri, 11/27/09, Cybe R. Wizard <cyber_wizard@mindspring.com>
> wrote:
>
> From: Cybe R. Wizard <cyber_wizard@mindspring.com>
> Subject: Re: do my messages reach the list?
> To: ubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com
> Date: Friday, November 27, 2009, 6:20 PM
>
> On Fri, 27 Nov 2009 13:57:33 -0600
> John Abbott <fewclues@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> (corrected your top post for you, no thanks necessary.)
> >
> > On Fri, 2009-11-27 at 14:40 -0500, tommie ramirez andujar wrote:
> >
> > > do my messages reach the list?
> > >
> > Yes.* Apparently the list is set up not to send your posts back to
> > you. I never see any of mine either.
>

> It isn't the list, it is gmail that doesn't give you your own posts
> back.
>
> The list does too if you so select.* I've never used gmail in my life
> and I don't get my post or replies unless someone replies to it.
> Leonard Chatagnier
>
> lenc5570@sbcglobal.net

I haven't seen that option although admittedly I haven't been to the
sign-up page in quite a while.* OTOH, are you sure it isn't Yahoo mail
doing the same thing for you as gmail is doing for the OP?

Pretty sure because I definitely remember seeing a selection to receive a copy of your post or not.* I was receiving a copy of my posts using Yahoo for a while, got tired of it, then deseleted getting a copy.
Leonard Chatagnier

Old 11-28-2009, 02:29 AM
"Cybe R. Wizard"

On Fri, 27 Nov 2009 18:55:36 -0800 (PST)
Leonard Chatagnier <lenc5570@sbcglobal.net> wrote:

> --- On Fri, 11/27/09, Cybe R. Wizard <cyber_wizard@mindspring.com>
> wrote:
>
> From: Cybe R. Wizard <cyber_wizard@mindspring.com>
> Subject: Re: do my messages reach the list?
> To: ubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com
> Date: Friday, November 27, 2009, 6:39 PM
>
> On Fri, 27 Nov 2009 16:28:27 -0800 (PST)
> Leonard Chatagnier <lenc5570@sbcglobal.net> wrote:
>

> > --- On Fri, 11/27/09, Cybe R. Wizard <cyber_wizard@mindspring.com>
> > wrote:
> >
> > From: Cybe R. Wizard <cyber_wizard@mindspring.com>
> > Subject: Re: do my messages reach the list?
> > To: ubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com
> > Date: Friday, November 27, 2009, 6:20 PM
> >
> > On Fri, 27 Nov 2009 13:57:33 -0600
> > John Abbott <fewclues@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > (corrected your top post for you, no thanks necessary.)

> > > Yes.* Apparently the list is set up not to send your posts back to
> > > you. I never see any of mine either.
> >
> > It isn't the list, it is gmail that doesn't give you your own posts
> > back.
> >
> > The list does too if you so select.* I've never used gmail in my
> > life and I don't get my post or replies unless someone replies to
> > it. Leonard Chatagnier
> >
> > lenc5570@sbcglobal.net
> >
> I haven't seen that option although admittedly I haven't been to the
> sign-up page in quite a while.* OTOH, are you sure it isn't Yahoo mail
> doing the same thing for you as gmail is doing for the OP?
>
> Pretty sure because I definitely remember seeing a selection to
> receive a copy of your post or not.* I was receiving a copy of my
> posts using Yahoo for a while, got tired of it, then deseleted
> getting a copy. Leonard Chatagnier

Could it be this you remember:
"Would you like to receive list mail batched in a daily digest?"

I just visited
and couldn't find anything else remotely resembling that choice of
receiving your own posts or not.

Cybe R. Wizard
Winduhs

Old 11-28-2009, 02:31 AM
John Abbott

Is top posting preferred on this list?

On Fri, 2009-11-27 at 18:55 -0800, Leonard Chatagnier wrote:

> (corrected your top post for you, no thanks necessary.)

Old school was bottom posting.

Old 11-28-2009, 02:45 AM
"Cybe R. Wizard"

On Fri, 27 Nov 2009 21:31:11 -0600
John Abbott <fewclues@gmail.com> wrote:

> Is top posting preferred on this list?
>
> On Fri, 2009-11-27 at 18:55 -0800, Leonard Chatagnier wrote:
>
> > > (corrected your top post for you, no thanks necessary.)
>
> Old school was bottom posting.

It still is bottom or in-line posting that is preferred.

And, BTW, I wrote that, not Leonard.

Cybe R. Wizard
Winduhs

Old 11-28-2009, 04:39 AM
Leonard

From: Cybe R. Wizard<cyber_wizard@mindspring.com>
To: ubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com
Date: Friday, November 27, 2009, 6:39 PM

From: Cybe R. Wizard<cyber_wizard@mindspring.com>
To: ubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com
Date: Friday, November 27, 2009, 6:20 PM

[...]

Definitely not. I did get digest mail for a while but decided it's much
easier to receive individual mail.
I hated trying to respond to digest mail, everyone kept complaining and
someone suggested getting individual
posts which I did. Much easier to reply. In any case I don't receive a
copy of my original posts whether I use Yahoo web

mail, SM or TB.

I just visited
and couldn't find anything else remotely resembling that choice of
receiving your own posts or not.

Funny you say that as I had a difficult time finding it the first time.
My 72 yr old brain doesn't remember
details as it once did. AIR, You had to log in and select the right
link(bottom of page, AIR) and it took you
to a long detailed list of options to choose from. I read over the
option to not receive your own posts a few times
and I think that applies to your replies to other posts unless someone
replies to it. AIR, it was at the beginning of
the list of options. I guess it could have been changed as its be some
time since I selected it but as said above, I don't
get copies of my post no matter what MUA I'm using. I believe the list
I'm referring to covers more that one screen
page and that there is a more abbreviated list that doesn't have the
option. Maybe you need to explore more of the

links at the bottom of the log in URL. I hope you can find it.

Cybe R. Wizard

--
Leonard l
enc5570@sbcglobal.net

Old 11-28-2009, 05:14 AM
"Cybe R. Wizard"

On Fri, 27 Nov 2009 23:39:03 -0600
Leonard <lenc5570@sbcglobal.net> wrote:

> Maybe you need to explore more of the
> links at the bottom of the log in URL. I hope you can find it.

I think your 72 YO brain is functioning just fine. I found it on the
unsubscribe or edit options page. I didn't even remember that I once
had entered a password there. Now I know more, thanks!

Cybe R. Wizard
Winduhs

Old 11-28-2009, 01:51 PM
Leonard Chatagnier

> links at the bottom of the log in URL.* I hope you can find it.

I think your 72 YO brain is functioning just fine.* I found it on the
unsubscribe or edit options page.* I didn't even remember
that I once
had entered a password there.* Now I know more, thanks!

Cybe, glad you found it.* Nice to know I'm not getting senile just yet-)