Old 11-26-2009, 03:20 AM
John Heinen

Default Born Looser?

Not really, but this is the second time that I lost out. First I lost
win xp on one machine with ubuntu and now I lost vista on another with
opensusy. I do like the arrangement but it is so hard to recover files
from the windows family once they have disappeared into thin air.
My question is this, What would be better, windows and wubi, virtual
box or unetbootin Happy thanks giving Y'all. John H

Old 11-26-2009, 04:29 AM
Leonard

John Heinen wrote:

Not really, but this is the second time that I lost out. First I lost
win xp on one machine with ubuntu and now I lost vista on another with
opensusy. I do like the arrangement but it is so hard to recover files
from the windows family once they have disappeared into thin air.
My question is this, What would be better, windows and wubi, virtual
box or unetbootin Happy thanks giving Y'all. John H

I didn't see the original post but are you sure your windows partition
is lost. It could be a
grub issue. Have you tried to see if the windows partition is there or
not using some partition
manager like gparted, etc. Does the grub boot menu show the windows
partitiom? With more
info from you, someone on the list may provide a solution. BTW, it's
good to trim any reply of
unrelated material but you should always leave comments of what you are
replying to so you

don't confuse people like me.

--
Leonard lenc5570@sbcglobal.net

Old 11-26-2009, 04:45 PM
RobertHoltzman

On Wed, Nov 25, 2009 at 09:20:18PM -0700, John Heinen wrote:
> Not really, but this is the second time that I lost out. First I lost
> win xp on one machine with ubuntu and now I lost vista on another with
> opensusy. I do like the arrangement but it is so hard to recover files
> from the windows family once they have disappeared into thin air.
> My question is this, What would be better, windows and wubi, virtual
> box or unetbootin Happy thanks giving Y'all. John H

Is this in reply to a previous post? If so......quot!

--
Bob Holtzman
GPG key ID = 8D549279

Old 11-27-2009, 02:20 AM
John Heinen

RobertHoltzman wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 25, 2009 at 09:20:18PM -0700, John Heinen wrote:
>
>> Not really, but this is the second time that I lost out. First I lost
>> win xp on one machine with ubuntu and now I lost vista on another with
>> opensusy. I do like the arrangement but it is so hard to recover files
>> from the windows family once they have disappeared into thin air.
>> My question is this, What would be better, windows and wubi, virtual
>> box or unetbootin Happy thanks giving Y'all. John H
>>

> Is this in reply to a previous post? If so......quot!

No, not really, I was asking for an opinion John

Old 11-27-2009, 06:48 AM
marc

John Heinen wrote:

> Not really, but this is the second time that I lost out. First I lost
> win xp on one machine with ubuntu and now I lost vista on another with
> opensusy. I do like the arrangement but it is so hard to recover files
> from the windows family once they have disappeared into thin air.

Well, you better tighten up then.

--
Best,
Marc