Old 11-24-2009, 07:40 AM
SAJI S

Default Problem of Upgradation

Sir,
*
I am seeking help that I had upgraded my ubuntu 9.04 to 9.10. After that PC stopped working and it is came into command promt for login and is blinking. Please help me.
*
Thanking you,
*
Regards,
*
SAJI S
0091 9011459115

Old 11-26-2009, 04:45 AM
Leonard

SAJI S wrote:

Sir,
I am seeking help that I had upgraded my ubuntu 9.04 to 9.10. After
that PC stopped working and it is came into command promt for login
and is blinking. Please help me.

Thanking you,
Regards,
SAJI S
0091 9011459115

You'll have to give more info before anyone can give you much help. But
you can try running "startx" from command line after you log in with
your user name and password.

That may get you to you X window log in screen.

--
Leonard
lenc5570@sbcglobal.net

Old 11-26-2009, 07:25 AM
Nils Kassube

Leonard wrote:
> SAJI S wrote:
> > I am seeking help that I had upgraded my ubuntu 9.04 to 9.10. After
> > that PC stopped working and it is came into command promt for login
> > and is blinking. Please help me.
>
> You'll have to give more info before anyone can give you much help.
> But you can try running "startx" from command line after you log in
> with your user name and password.
> That may get you to you X window log in screen.

And if it doesn't, please tell us the last few lines displayed on the
screen so we can find out where the boot process stopped.

Nils

Old 11-30-2009, 01:35 PM
Andis Lazdins

Hello!

This thread might help you:

The easy instruction is on page 4, however I recommend you to look
through all thread.

Andis