Old 11-25-2009, 08:46 AM
Walter Garcia-Fontes

Default Cannot access broadband on 9.1

* Arthur Trevaskis [25/11/09 10:15]:
> months), and downloaded and installed on line the upgrade to 9.1
> I have not been able to access the internet (Broadband) since. I have

To get help you need at least to tell how you are trying to access the
Broadband Internet (router?, wifi?, USB dongle?).

--
Walter Garcia-Fontes
Barcelona

Old 11-25-2009, 08:50 AM
Colin Law

2009/11/25 Walter Garcia-Fontes <walter.garcia@upf.edu>:
> * Arthur Trevaskis [25/11/09 10:15]:
>> months), and downloaded and installed on line the upgrade to 9.1
>> I have not been able to access the internet (Broadband) since. I have
>
> To get help you need at least to tell how you are trying to access the
> Broadband Internet (router?, wifi?, USB dongle?).

Also if you have a wired or wifi router can you access that? In other
words we need to know a lot more about your setup and exactly what is
the problem, not just that it does not work.

Colin

Old 11-25-2009, 09:08 AM
"Arthur Trevaskis"

Hello,

I have a problem; it*is that I was using Ubuntu 9.04 successfully (for
about 3 months), and downloaded and installed on line the upgrade to 9.1
I have not been able to access the internet (Broadband) since. I have
even*wiped the HDD clean and reinstalled 9.1 but no matter what settings I
try, I cannot connect.
When I installed 9.04, it found the internet OK, but 9.1 cannot find it by
itself, and I cant make it.
There is nothing else on the HDD, just Ubuntu.
I have just about used up all my spare time and patience, but would like to
get back to Linux.
Any help would be most appreciated.
Cheers
Arthur Trevasks. Ballarat. Australia.
*

dangerous content by
MailScanner, and is

believed to be clean.

dangerous content by
MailScanner, and is

believed to be clean.

Old 11-25-2009, 10:34 AM
"Arthur Trevaskis"

Hello Walter,
ADSL Router "D-link DSL-502T"

Thanks
Arthur

>> months), and downloaded and installed on line the upgrade to 9.1
>> I have not been able to access the internet (Broadband) since. I have
>
> To get help you need at least to tell how you are trying to access the
> Broadband Internet (router?, wifi?, USB dongle?).
>
> --
> Walter Garcia-Fontes
> Barcelona

> believed to be clean.

> believed to be clean.

believed to be clean.

believed to be clean.

Old 11-25-2009, 10:38 AM
"Arthur Trevaskis"

Hello Colin,
I connect through an ADSL Router "D-link DSL-502T"
I am confused that 9.04 'found' the broadband, and worked perfectly, and 9.1
doesn't. Is there soething wrong with 9.1?
Appreciate your help
Arthur

>>> months), and downloaded and installed on line the upgrade to 9.1
>>> I have not been able to access the internet (Broadband) since. I have
>>
>> To get help you need at least to tell how you are trying to access the
>> Broadband Internet (router?, wifi?, USB dongle?).
>>

> Also if you have a wired or wifi router can you access that? In other
> words we need to know a lot more about your setup and exactly what is
> the problem, not just that it does not work.
>
> Colin

> believed to be clean.

> believed to be clean.

believed to be clean.