-   -   XSane Error on Karmic (http://www.linux-archive.org/ubuntu-user/285933-xsane-error-karmic.html)

Zaki Akhmad 11-25-2009 07:39 AM

XSane Error on Karmic

Hello,

I try to scan my document with xsane. But after I successfully
previewed or succesfully scanned, the xsane suddenly dissapeared.

The terminal shows this message:
(xsane:3507): Gtk-WARNING **: GtkSpinButton: setting an adjustment
with non-zero page size is deprecated

Anybody can help?

--
Zaki Akhmad

Zaki Akhmad 12-01-2009 12:36 AM

XSane Error on Karmic

Does anyone face the same problem with me?

I install Karmic on another computer, and it happens again. The xsane
suddenly dissapeared after finish previewing.

Should I find alternative software to scan my document? Any suggestion?

-za,

Zaki Akhmad 12-01-2009 01:59 AM

XSane Error on Karmic

Here's the message appear after I type sane-find-scanner

za@cq:~$ sane-find-scanner

# sane-find-scanner will now attempt to detect your scanner. If the
# result is different from what you expected, first make sure your
# scanner is powered up and properly connected to your computer.

# No SCSI scanners found. If you expected something different, make sure that
# you have loaded a kernel SCSI driver for your SCSI adapter.

found USB scanner (vendor=0x03f0, product=0x2205, chip=rts8858c?) at
libusb:005:002
# Your USB scanner was (probably) detected. It may or may not be supported by

# Not checking for parallel port scanners.

# Most Scanners connected to the parallel port or other proprietary ports
# can't be detected by this program.

# You may want to run this program as root to find all devices. Once you
# found the scanner devices, be sure to adjust access permissions as
# necessary.

--
Zaki Akhmad

Zaki Akhmad 12-01-2009 02:02 AM

XSane Error on Karmic

One more,

# scanimage -L

WARNING: Unhandled message:
interface=org.freedesktop.DBus.Introspectable, path=/,
member=Introspect
device `hp3500:libusb:005:002' is a Hewlett-Packard ScanJet 3500 scanner

-za,