Old 11-25-2009, 01:17 AM
Leonard

Default Pidgin Crashing

Wade Smart wrote:

Over the past few months I have noticed that pidgin randomly crashes.
Ill wake up one morning and its gone. Ill be working and then its off my
screen. In the past two days its crashed within a few minutes of
starting it, every single time I start it. I cant keep it on. There is
nothing in the system log that I can find. I use this constantly for my
work so Im really eager to find a problem and fix it. Any suggestions on
finding out the issue?

Wade

Don't know a thing about Pidgin. However, the first thing you might try
is to reinstall or better

still, purge and install.

--
Leonard
lenc5570@sbcglobal.net

Old 11-25-2009, 03:06 PM
sktsee

On Tue, 2009-11-24 at 19:17 -0600, Wade Smart wrote:
> Over the past few months I have noticed that pidgin randomly crashes.
> Ill wake up one morning and its gone. Ill be working and then its off my
> screen. In the past two days its crashed within a few minutes of
> starting it, every single time I start it. I cant keep it on. There is
> nothing in the system log that I can find. I use this constantly for my
> work so Im really eager to find a problem and fix it. Any suggestions on
> finding out the issue?

Check the file ~/.xsession-errors after pidgin crashes, or start pidgin
in debug mode from the command line with the "-d" option and see what
turns up.

$ pidgin -d 1> pidginlog.txt

--
sktsee