Old 11-24-2009, 07:31 AM
Osman Kemal Kadiroğlu

Default web cam & update

Hi,

I have recently upgraded my AMD64 computer from Kubuntu 9.10 to Debian 5.0.3. I have a A4 Tech Pk-5 web cam that I use for Skype. I had no problem while using Kubuntu. I had problems with it after I changed to Debian. Finally with the help of a young colleague we managed to solve the problem and web cam operated with Cheese and Skype. Soon an update notice about gspca-modules-2.6.26-2-vserver-amd64 appeared and when I upgraded the system the web cam stopped working. The version that is installed in my computer is 01.11.20-1+2.6.26-20 and the new version is 2.6.26+01.00.20-6+lenny1. I was expecting that a new version of modules covers old version so that web cams operating with old version will also operate with the new version. Is this a bug that needs to be reported or am I missing something. Thanks for the help.

Best regards
--
Osman Kemal Kadiroglu

Old 11-24-2009, 11:08 AM
Nils Kassube

Osman Kemal Kadiroğlu wrote:
> I have recently upgraded my AMD64 computer from Kubuntu 9.10 to
> Debian 5.0.3. I have a A4 Tech Pk-5 web cam that I use for Skype. I
> had no problem while using Kubuntu. I had problems with it after I
> changed to Debian.

If you had no problem with Kubuntu but now you have problems with
Debian, I would call the move to Debian a downgrade, not an upgrade.
Anyway, if you have problems with Debian, I would suggest you ask for
help an the Debian list.

Nils