Old 11-24-2009, 04:22 AM
Hem Tewari

Default New usesr Help required for broadband connectivity

Greetings,
*
Many congratulations to the entire Ununtu team!!
*
I am a new user and currently have Ultimate edition 2.4 on the laptop.
*
Getting stuck while connecting through* broadband connection.
*
Have BSNL broadband, modem is Siemens C2110
HP laptop - DV5 1102TU model
*
However the USB TATA indicom connection is working on the machine.
*
Would be grateful for the assistance.
*
With regards,
*
Hem
--
Hem Chandra Tewari
Landscape Coordinator

Old 11-24-2009, 04:33 AM
Tab Gilbert

*
Many congratulations to the entire Ubuntu team!!
*
I am a new user and currently have Ultimate edition 2.4 on the laptop.
*

Ultimate Edition is a fork of Ubuntu.* Did you look at http://ultimateedition.info/ ?* Did broadband work on the LiveCD?* Try a regular Ubuntu LiveCD and maybe you can see if the problem is with the fork or Karmic.*

tab