Old 11-23-2009, 07:40 PM
Chris Lumens

Default Fix post-install rebooting

This set of patches attempts to simplify reboot/shutdown/halt after
installation by getting loader entirely out of the process. It does this by
having loader exec anaconda, so that when anaconda exits with a return code,
init knows what to do.

I have tested this with a greatly stripped down anaconda to avoid initrd
constrution problems, both with and without kickstart files. On the kickstart
tests, I have tried all of the shutdown-related commands. I've also tested
exiting with an exception vs. exiting normally. The one thing I haven't
been able to test is s390, surprisingly.

This also requires a rather obvious pykickstart patch. Thoughts?

- Chris