Old 11-23-2009, 05:15 PM
NoOp

Default Differences between upgraded and freshly installed 9.10

On 11/23/2009 06:54 AM, Cybe R. Wizard wrote:
> My upgrade has no Ubuntu Software Center yet it is there on my new
> installation of 9.10.
>
> I found it listed as, "software center," in Synaptic and installed it
> just to be complete. I wonder why it doesn't install on upgrades? Or
> why it didn't on this one of mine?
>
> I also notice that Ubuntu One, the cloud iteration for Ubuntu was not
> included when I upgraded, either.
>
> Do the older installations just miss out?

Available & working in Applications|Ubuntu Software Center on each of my
machines that I upgraded (Gnome).

Old 11-23-2009, 05:35 PM
Steve

On Mon, 23 Nov 2009 18:15:31 -0000, NoOp <glgxg@sbcglobal.net> wrote:

> On 11/23/2009 06:54 AM, Cybe R. Wizard wrote:
>> My upgrade has no Ubuntu Software Center yet it is there on my new
>> installation of 9.10.
>>
>> I found it listed as, "software center," in Synaptic and installed it
>> just to be complete. I wonder why it doesn't install on upgrades? Or
>> why it didn't on this one of mine?
>>
>> I also notice that Ubuntu One, the cloud iteration for Ubuntu was not
>> included when I upgraded, either.
>>
>> Do the older installations just miss out?
>
> Available & working in Applications|Ubuntu Software Center on each of my
> machines that I upgraded (Gnome).

Same here but, I always run apt-get dist-upgrade after the reboot and find
that, on some machines, it drags some more stuff in.

--
Steve

Old 11-23-2009, 06:19 PM
NoOp

On 11/23/2009 10:35 AM, Steve wrote:
> On Mon, 23 Nov 2009 18:15:31 -0000, NoOp <snip> wrote:
>
>> On 11/23/2009 06:54 AM, Cybe R. Wizard wrote:
>>> My upgrade has no Ubuntu Software Center yet it is there on my new
>>> installation of 9.10.
>>>
>>> I found it listed as, "software center," in Synaptic and installed it
>>> just to be complete. I wonder why it doesn't install on upgrades? Or
>>> why it didn't on this one of mine?
>>>
>>> I also notice that Ubuntu One, the cloud iteration for Ubuntu was not
>>> included when I upgraded, either.
>>>
>>> Do the older installations just miss out?
>>
>> Available & working in Applications|Ubuntu Software Center on each of my
>> machines that I upgraded (Gnome).
>>

> Same here but, I always run apt-get dist-upgrade after the reboot and find
> that, on some machines, it drags some more stuff in.

Ah, true. After any base upgrade I also:

$ sudo apt-get install -f
$ sudo dpkg --configure-a

Just to be sure.

Old 11-23-2009, 06:27 PM
NoOp

On 11/23/2009 11:19 AM, NoOp wrote:

> $ sudo dpkg --configure-a

sudo dpkg --configure -a

Old 11-23-2009, 07:05 PM
"Cybe R. Wizard"

On Mon, 23 Nov 2009 11:19:31 -0800
NoOp <glgxg@sbcglobal.net> wrote:

> On 11/23/2009 10:35 AM, Steve wrote:

> >> Available & working in Applications|Ubuntu Software Center on each
> >> of my machines that I upgraded (Gnome).
> >>

> > Same here but, I always run apt-get dist-upgrade after the reboot
> > and find that, on some machines, it drags some more stuff in.
> >

> Ah, true. After any base upgrade I also:
>
> $ sudo apt-get install -f
> $ sudo dpkg --configure-a
>
> Just to be sure.

Did both of those (sudo dpkg --configure -a) and got no response from
either. Maybe because I already installed both software center and
Ubuntu One.
Thanks !

Cybe R. Wizard
Winduhs