Old 11-23-2009, 12:53 PM
Peter Hillier-Brook

Default Controlling GRUB 2

Could someone please help me past a blind spot with GRUB 2? I'm looking
for the equivalent parameter to "saveddefault" in Legacy GRUB which I'm
sure is staring me in the face, but I can't see it. :-)

Thanks in advance.

Peter HB

Old 11-23-2009, 12:59 PM
Avi Greenbury

On Mon, 23 Nov 2009 13:53:47 +0000
Peter Hillier-Brook <phb@hbsys.plus.com> wrote:

> Could someone please help me past a blind spot with GRUB 2? I'm
> looking for the equivalent parameter to "saveddefault" in Legacy GRUB
> which I'm sure is staring me in the face, but I can't see it. :-)

default=saved

--
Avi Greenbury
http://aviswebsite.co.uk

Old 11-23-2009, 01:01 PM
Avi Greenbury

On Mon, 23 Nov 2009 13:53:47 +0000
Peter Hillier-Brook <phb@hbsys.plus.com> wrote:

> Could someone please help me past a blind spot with GRUB 2? I'm
> looking for the equivalent parameter to "saveddefault" in Legacy GRUB
> which I'm sure is staring me in the face, but I can't see it. :-)

Sorry,

GRUB_DEFAULT=saved

in /etc/default/grub

He says having double-checked...

Avi Greenbury
http://aviswebsite.co.uk

Old 11-23-2009, 06:14 PM
Peter Hillier-Brook

Avi Greenbury wrote:
> On Mon, 23 Nov 2009 13:53:47 +0000 Peter Hillier-Brook
> <phb@hbsys.plus.com> wrote:
>
>> Could someone please help me past a blind spot with GRUB 2? I'm
>> looking for the equivalent parameter to "saveddefault" in Legacy
>> GRUB which I'm sure is staring me in the face, but I can't see it.
>> :-)
>>

> Sorry,
>
> GRUB_DEFAULT=saved
>
> in /etc/default/grub
>
> He says having double-checked...

Thanks for the answer and thanks for the very useful link.

Peter HB