Old 11-23-2009, 10:31 AM
born

Default the totem is no sound

hey,guys.
I installed the xubuntu 910. I could use the exaile to listion the music.
the totem player is no sound.I take a photo of the totem.
the totem's sound control is no effective.

could anyone help me? thanks.

Old 11-23-2009, 04:14 PM
Mark Traceur

> hey,guys.
> I installed the xubuntu 910. I could use the exaile to listion the music.
> the totem player is no sound.I take a photo of the totem.
> the totem's sound control is no effective.
>
> could anyone help me? thanks.

Uhhh uhhh uhhh

OK, my first piece of advice is to try Alsamixer. Open Terminal
(Applications->Accessories->Terminal) and type in "alsamixer" then
enter. It should give you a way to change volume on your system. Make
sure nothing is muted, change the volume levels as required, and try
again. If that doesn't work, right-click on the volume icon in your
taskbar (top right-hand corner, by default) and click on Preferences
(or Mixer, I am unsure of which it is).

Make sure that the audio channels that apply to your sound medium are
all activated, then once they are, go back to alsamixer and make sure
they're not muted, and that they're at an appropriate level.

After all of this, if it still doesn't work, send back more details,
this was sort of a shotgun attempt at fixing your problem.

--MarkTraceur

--

Microsoft does half the work that Open Source developers do, and they
get all the money. Where's the justice there?

Minitube lets you watch youtube from your Ubuntu / Debian desktop -
http://www.reddit.com/r/Ubuntu/comments/a6f88/minitube_lets_you_watch_youtube_from_your_ubuntu/

Old 11-23-2009, 11:40 PM
born

hey,thanks for you reply.

I did it and take the photo of the settings.I make all the volume to the top level.
The totem's sound control icon,is still grey.
I try to use the xubuntu 9.10 live cd to have a test.I use the xubuntu 9.10 livecd to bootup.the totem

couldn't work.I don't know the reason.
I could use the live-cd to play music by using exaile.

Old 11-24-2009, 04:55 PM
Knapp

> Make sure that the audio channels that apply to your sound medium are
> all activated, then once they are, go back to alsamixer and make sure
> they're not muted, and that they're at an appropriate level.
>
> After all of this, if it still doesn't work, send back more details,
> this was sort of a shotgun attempt at fixing your problem.
>
> --MarkTraceur

I just ran into this problem also. None of my DVD sound worked. What I
found is that the mixer had many of the control button hidden AND
MUTED! You must go into the mixer settings and turn the button on and
then check to make sure they are not muted.

--
Douglas E Knapp

Why do we live?

Old 11-24-2009, 11:44 PM
born

thanks .
I had changed the OS to kubuntu.It's work's OK.

Old 11-26-2009, 04:51 AM
Leonard

born wrote:

hey,thanks for you reply.

I did it and take the photo of the settings.I make all the volume to
the top level.

The totem's sound control icon,is still grey.
I try to use the xubuntu 9.10 live cd to have a test.I use the xubuntu
9.10 livecd to bootup.the totem

couldn't work.I don't know the reason.
I could use the live-cd to play music by using exaile.

You need to hit the m key on your keyboard to un-mute the front mic
entry(the one or more having the M at the bottom of the column.
Be sure to select the column or any column having an m at the bottom
instead of the 00. M is muted; 00 is active. HT H,

2009/11/24 Mark Traceur <marktraceur@gmail.com
<mailto:marktraceur@gmail.com>>

> hey,guys.
> I installed the xubuntu 910. I could use the exaile to listion
the music.
> the totem player is no sound.I take a photo of the totem.
> the totem's sound control is no effective.
>
> could anyone help me? thanks.

Uhhh uhhh uhhh

OK, my first piece of advice is to try Alsamixer. Open Terminal
(Applications->Accessories->Terminal) and type in "alsamixer" then
enter. It should give you a way to change volume on your system. Make
sure nothing is muted, change the volume levels as required, and try
again. If that doesn't work, right-click on the volume icon in your
taskbar (top right-hand corner, by default) and click on Preferences
(or Mixer, I am unsure of which it is).

Make sure that the audio channels that apply to your sound medium are
all activated, then once they are, go back to alsamixer and make sure
they're not muted, and that they're at an appropriate level.

After all of this, if it still doesn't work, send back more details,
this was sort of a shotgun attempt at fixing your problem.

--MarkTraceur

--

Microsoft does half the work that Open Source developers do, and they
get all the money. Where's the justice there?

Minitube lets you watch youtube from your Ubuntu / Debian desktop -
http://www.reddit.com/r/Ubuntu/comments/a6f88/minitube_lets_you_watch_youtube_from_your_ubuntu/

Leonard lenc
5570@sbcglobal.net