Old 11-21-2009, 03:16 PM
Keith Clark

Default Ubuntu/Linux Netbooks

Anyone know where to get Ubuntu/Linux netbooks in Canada?

Keith

Old 11-21-2009, 03:26 PM
Gary Kirkpatrick

On Sat, Nov 21, 2009 at 11:16 AM, Keith Clark <keithclark@k-wbookworm.com> wrote:

Try Dell.

Old 11-21-2009, 03:36 PM
Andrew Farris

On Sat, 2009-11-21 at 11:16 -0500, Keith Clark wrote:
> Anyone know where to get Ubuntu/Linux netbooks in Canada?

Try system76 (http://www.system76.com/). They ship to the US and Canada,
pre-install only ubuntu, and they have a nice selection of desktops and
laptops. Their netbook is called the 'Starling':
http://system76.com/product_info.php?cPath=28&products_id=92

Enjoy!

--
Andrew

Old 11-21-2009, 04:42 PM
Pastor JW

On Saturday 21 November 2009 8:26:16 am Gary Kirkpatrick wrote:
> On Sat, Nov 21, 2009 at 11:16 AM, Keith Clark
> <keithclark@k-wbookworm.com>wrote:
>

> Try Dell.

I have been in need of a new laptop now for awhile. The last several I bought
were Dell Inspiron 1525n machines which are great alright but for some reason
Dell's selection of computers has become restricted to minis or entry level
computers. I guess I am going to have to bypass Dell and go to
http://system76.com/product_info.php?cPath=28&products_id=92 for a decent
computer. I know they will ship to the American countries of Canada and
United States but I don't think they'll ship to Mexico. Too bad Dell doesn't
want to provide the computers we need (the only portable computer there which
even offered a web cam was the mini!) as I'd have really preferred to have
another Dell. Someone should wake up over there at Dell.

--
73 de N7PSV aka Pastor JW <PDGA# 35276
http://the-inner-circle.org _Registered Kubuntu User: #27403

Old 11-21-2009, 05:41 PM
Jim Smith

Keith Clark wrote:
> Anyone know where to get Ubuntu/Linux netbooks in Canada?
>
> Keith

Future Shop should work. Also I thought I saw an ad for some specials at
canadian Tire.

YMMV

Jim

--
Its only a hobby, only a hobby, only a hobby, only a ho............

Old 11-21-2009, 06:16 PM
Keith Clark

On Sat, 2009-11-21 at 10:41 -0800, Jim Smith wrote:
> Keith Clark wrote:
> > Anyone know where to get Ubuntu/Linux netbooks in Canada?
> >
> > Keith
> >

> Future Shop should work. Also I thought I saw an ad for some specials at
> canadian Tire.
>
> YMMV
>
> Jim
>
> --
> Its only a hobby, only a hobby, only a hobby, only a ho............

I don't see any Linux/Ubuntu netbooks at Future Shop or Canadian Tire.

Keith

Old 11-21-2009, 06:46 PM
Jim Smith

Keith Clark wrote:
> On Sat, 2009-11-21 at 10:41 -0800, Jim Smith wrote:
>
>> Keith Clark wrote:
>>
>>> Anyone know where to get Ubuntu/Linux netbooks in Canada?
>>>
>>> Keith
>>>

>> Future Shop should work. Also I thought I saw an ad for some specials at
>> canadian Tire.
>>
>> YMMV
>>
>> Jim
>>
>> --
>> Its only a hobby, only a hobby, only a hobby, only a ho............
>>

> I don't see any Linux/Ubuntu netbooks at Future Shop or Canadian Tire.
>
> Keith

I was on Vancouver Island about a month ago and thought I saw them in
newspaper ads. Memory could be faulty. Does Office Max sell them in
Canada as they do in the US?

Jim

--
Its only a hobby, only a hobby, only a hobby, only a ho............

Old 11-21-2009, 06:54 PM
Keith Clark

On Sat, 2009-11-21 at 11:46 -0800, Jim Smith wrote:
> Keith Clark wrote:

> >> Future Shop should work. Also I thought I saw an ad for some specials at
> >> canadian Tire.
> >>
> >> YMMV
> >>
> >> Jim
> >>
> >> --
> >> Its only a hobby, only a hobby, only a hobby, only a ho............
> >>

> > I don't see any Linux/Ubuntu netbooks at Future Shop or Canadian Tire.
> >
> > Keith
> >

> I was on Vancouver Island about a month ago and thought I saw them in
> newspaper ads. Memory could be faulty. Does Office Max sell them in
> Canada as they do in the US?
>
> Jim
>
> --
> Its only a hobby, only a hobby, only a hobby, only a ho............

Never heard of Office Max here in Kitchener-Waterloo so I'm not sure.

Old 11-21-2009, 07:00 PM
Steve

On Sat, 21 Nov 2009 19:54:25 -0000, Keith Clark
<keithclark@k-wbookworm.com> wrote:

> On Sat, 2009-11-21 at 11:46 -0800, Jim Smith wrote:
>> Keith Clark wrote:

What’s wrong with this classy device
http://www.canadiantire.ca/AST/browse/7/Electronics/2/HomeOffice/ComputerAccessories/PRD~0993924P/Fidelity%2BVPC%2B-%2BVery%2BPersonal%2BComputer%2BNetbook%252C%2B7-in..jsp
--
Steve

Old 11-21-2009, 07:04 PM
Jim Smith

Jim Smith wrote:
> Keith Clark wrote:

>>> Future Shop should work. Also I thought I saw an ad for some specials at
>>> canadian Tire.
>>>
>>> YMMV
>>>
>>> Jim
>>>
>>> --
>>> Its only a hobby, only a hobby, only a hobby, only a ho............
>>>

>> I don't see any Linux/Ubuntu netbooks at Future Shop or Canadian Tire.
>>
>> Keith
>>

> I was on Vancouver Island about a month ago and thought I saw them in
> newspaper ads. Memory could be faulty. Does Office Max sell them in
> Canada as they do in the US?
>
> Jim

Pardon me please, I now see that pre-installed linux/ubuntu is actually
what is desired. I was reading from my own perspective which would have
been to get the netbook with desired price/features then wipe it and
install Ubuntu Netbook remix. Otherwise some small shop or reseller
might do the job.

Jim

--
Its only a hobby, only a hobby, only a hobby, only a ho............